Chapter 7: The Dreed

Xavier looks down at his boots that were in front of the dresser. They were still bloody from the night before.

'I need to wash these. Can't go around town hunting with blood covered boots. That will make me look suspicious to the other vampires and humans.' He thought as he kneeled down untying his laces. He leans back up and slips his feet into the boots tying the laces tightly.

Once he felt like he had grabbed everything that he needed from his room. He lets out a long yawn and walked over to his bedroom door opening it.

Once he opens the door he saw a shadow to his right moving out of the corner of his eyes. His eyes move fast to see his older brother walking down the hallway towards him from his room.

Casimir Blackwood, oldest son of the Blackwood clan. He sat tall at 6'4. He was in his mid 20's at 25 years old. He has bright emerald green eyes that he got from their mother. Long black hair that he had grown out to his shoulders. He had it currently tied up in a high ponytail. He had slightly tanned skin and a five o clock shadow. He stops when he caught sight of Xavier.

"There's trouble." He said in a joking voice. He walks over to Xavier and leans against the wall next to him. "Heard you got yourself into a predicament."

Xavier lets out a sign. "Jeez, news gets around fast." He said in an annoyed voice. 'Fucking lower levels and their gossiping.' He thinks to himself as he walks out of his bedroom doorway closing the door behind him. He turned away from his brother making his way down the stair's. His brother following at his heels.

"Happens when people like to not shut their mouth around court." Casimir says as he follows Xavier down the stairs. "Heard you also got your ass beat. She throw you off your guard that much huh?" He laughs through his word. Xavier looks over his shoulder sending daggers Casimir way at his statement.

"I did not get my ass beat. Who is the one who captured her huh?" Xavier says in a cold voice as he gets to the bottom of the stairs. "I would be dead right now if I did not fulfill the mission in some way." He said as he rounded the corner heading for the kitchen. He brought his eyes back forward as he walked through the entrance to the kitchen.

The strong smell of coffee making its way to his nose. He relaxed at the familiar scent that filled this room.

' Thank god someone made coffee. I need it for what I have to deal with today.' He thought as he walked over to the coffee maker. He reaches above it into the cabinet with all of their coffee cups. He grabs one of the larger blue cups. He then grabs the coffee pot pouring the liquid into the blue cup till it was almost to the rim.

He brought the coffee pot away from his cup and put it back on the heated plate to keep the coffee warm. He then turns around. Leaning on the counter in front of the coffee pot bringing his eyes back to Casimir's.

"You did capture her but you were supposed to kill her." Casimir says as he takes one of the five bar stools that are along the island in the middle of the kitchen. He leans forward onto the counter. He rests his elbows on the marble putting his weight on them. He brought his hands up under to his chin intertwining his fingers and resting his chin on top of them. "That would be a failure in the court's eyes." He says as he locks his emerald eyes with Xavier's pale blue ones.

"I understand that." Xavier says as he brings the blue cup up to his lips. Taking a long sip of the warm coffee. Enjoying the bitter taste that it leaves on his taste buds. "My body would not allow me to actually kill her if I wanted to. It stopped me every time I even thought of landing the killing blow." He signed out. "It so happens that I am the one who drew the short straw of the universe and now have a mate bond with my mortal enemy." He says as he takes another sip of coffee.