Chapter 5: The support

Xavier was taken back by the sudden feeling of Valentina's lips on his. They were so soft. He felt the tingles intensify that spread across his lips and over his cheeks. He clenched his fists behind his back trying to not lose to the mate bond. The hunter side of him was yelling at him to rip her head off. On the other side, his mind was telling him to just calm down and lean into the mate bond, into the want to kiss her more.

'Fuck. It must be true. I can't fight it.' He thought as the mate bond slowly won the battle.

Xavier closed his eyes as he leaned more into Valentina's lips. He was now fighting against his restraints for a different reason. He wanted to reach out, wrap his arms around her. Bringing her body closer to his. Valentina brought her hands up, wrapping her arms around his neck. This caused him to lean back in the chair. She tangled her fingers in his hair. Pulling his head back roughly. This caused Xavier's mouth to open slightly. Giving Valentina more access to deepen the kiss. The next thing she knew Xavier slipped his tongue past her lips. This caused a groan from both of them. They started to fight over dominance of the kiss with their tongues. After a couple of minuets of fighting Xavier broke the kiss needing air. He was panting heavy against her skin.

The feeling of his breath sent shivers down her spin. She leaned back locking eyes with him.

His chest was going up and down fast at his heavy breathing trying to catch his breath. His face was flushed. A small amount of saliva was running down the side of his lips from the left over exchange from their steamy kiss. His hair was messy now from her fingers that were tangled in it.

She felt a blush form on her cheeks as she stared at him. 'Holy shit. I did not realize till now but he is fucking hot as hell.' She thought as she sat back down in her chair a crossed from him. Missing the feeling of his lips against hers. Xavier felt the same way, he immediately wanted her lips back on his.

"Ok, I believe you." He said breathlessly as he leaned back against the metal chair. Enjoying the cold sensation on his back at how hot his body was. He could feel his jeans tighten around his waist at their kiss. He hoped that Valentina would not see how much she got him bothered. He wished his hands were not bound behind him so he could adjust himself.

"Well, good. Then we are on the same page." She said as she brought her hand forward. She ran her thumb over the left over saliva that was at the corner of his mouth. Smiling to herself. Her smile dropped after a couple of seconds as realization from the situation set in.

She runs a hand through her blonde hair in frustration. "Why did you have to be a fucking, Blackwood." She says in a annoyed voice as she lets out a long sigh. "Couldn't you have just been a normal fucking human." She said as she leaned her head back bringing her arm over her eye making the room go into complete darkness.

Xavier watched her movements as he took smaller breath in and out. Finally catching his breath and feeling his heart calm down in his chest.

He moved his wrists that were handcuffed behind him. His mind was going back to hunter mode slowly. He was trying to judge how likely he would be able to break out of the cuffs with his resources that he had with him. He could feel that they were slightly loser than he thought when he pulled on them. He brought his hand closer to his back. Trying to slip one of his hands under his shirt the best he could to grab one of the small knifes. He felt the fabric of the holster around his lower back. He moved his pointer finger a crossed the many small holes of the holster. He had used half of what he brought with him when he threw them earlier at Valentina. He finally felt the familiar coldness of metal after a couple seconds of feeling around.

He kept his eyes on Valentina the whole time trying to make his movements slow to not draw attention back to him.

He slipped the small knife out of the holster slowly, making sure not to make any sudden movements. He relaxed his arms against the chair once he felt the tip of the knife slip out of its restraints. He flipped the knife over with his fingers into his palm. The knives that he had brought with him were like razer sharp pure silver needles. They struck deep if thrown the right way. They were one of Xavier's favorite tools to bring vampire hunting with him. They were easy to access and easy to hide under clothing. He had trained for years to be able to fight with them effectively.