CHAPTER 5

"Reyansh!" Leshya raised her voice when suddenly Ms. Anjali spoke up, calling out her name, "Leshya! Be quiet."

Leshya looked up at her before casting her head down. However, her head was slightly tilted as she gazed at Reyansh from her periphery and whisper asked, "How are you even sitting here?"

Her question reminded me of this too. Because as far as I remember, Reyansh was sitting somewhere among the last benches in the third row when the group partners were decided.
How come he was here?

Reyansh just gave her a duh look, then pointed back with his thumb, "I changed with them, of course."

Looking back at where his thumb pointed, I suddenly realised that the pair who were originally sitting behind us were now sitting at his supposed seat whereas he and his partner had exchanged their seats with that pair which made them able to be sit here, right behind me and Leshya.

Looking at Reyansh's partner, a timid looking boy with glasses, who was sitting with his head down, I sighed.

***

Soon, it was time for one person from each group to go up and pick a chit from the bowl containing folded chits and choose their topic of emotion for the assignment.

One girl from the first group went up as everyone in the class eagerly watched her pick up a chit.
They all had their head a bit forward, like chicks looking at their mother, waiting to be fed.

The sight looked a bit funny but I tried to restrain my smile.

"Sadness." After the first girl announced the topic for her group, several other people stood and respectively took their chits and went back after announcing their assignment topics.

"Anger." A familiar loud voice sounded. Reyansh smiled as he stood at the podium and spoke, "my topic."

He was literally so self obsessed. It's a topic for their group but he still arrogantly said - my topic.

Why do you sound so bitter?

Because I am bitter. I subconsciously retorted my own thought.

Anyhow, the topic suited him well. He was always like an angry bull, rushing to fight me for no reason at all.

Wait....there was a reason.
I looked at the person sitting beside me, cheerfully looking at that angry bull on the podium and my heart felt slightly constricted.

Yes, she was the reason.

"Lesh! It's your turn now! Don't let the nerd go up, okay?"
Her friend, which I assume is Aradhya, with her black curly hair came to stand beside Leshya and lowers her body to whisper against her ear which was loud enough for me to hear clearly. I'm not even sure if she actually wanted to truly whisper or not.

However, Leshya didn't nod at her words. Instead, she looked at me before turning to looked at her friend with a hesitant look in her eyes. "Aru..."
However, her friend named "Aru" seemed to expect what she was going to say as she quickly cut her off, "What? He beat up Reyansh yesterday  and I can't say anything?!"

"Aru yaar-"

"Leshya and Kabir, one of you come up here to choose your topic." Ms. Anjali's voice sounded across the room she I immediately looked at the brown eyed girl whose long eyelashes flickered as she moved her head to look at me.