CHAPTER 7

THIRD PERSON

"Bro! Why don't you change your partner?"

"Cause I don't want to!" Leshya emphasised before turning to look at her Aradhya.
"This is the nth time you have asked and my answer is still the same. I'm not gonna change my partner! And you better focus on yours. Ms. Anjali is not gonna spare you this time."
Saying this, she took the last bite of burger and wiped her mouth with the napkin placed beside the plate burger wrap.

Aradhya rolled her eyes at her words, silently sipping her sprite.
Just then, her eyes caught a familiar, annoying figure walking in through the college gates and she narrowed her eyes before looking back at Leshya.
"Really? But two weeks are already almost gone and you guys have to submit your detailed report on Monday. What about it? Have you already done it?"

Leshya squinted at her in return. "What about yours Aru?"
She leaned back in her seat and shrugged. "Besides, I haven't seen that nerd for the past week."

The first week, I was busy attending Reyansh's football matches. And then when I finally wanted to look for Kabir, he was nowhere to be seen. It's been a week already and he still hasn't come to college or attended any class!

"Oh? I have heard he went to Delhi for his debate completion." Aradhya's words made Leshya look up with a start.

Debate Competition?
She seemingly casually asked, "How do you know?"

Aradhya smiled scornfully as she remembered something. "That friend of his...I don't even know what her name is. But.....she was bragging about it this morning."

That friend....
"Oh." Leshya simply nodded after a moment of thought.

"I don't care anyways." She spoke as her long eyelashes fluttered with a soft movement.

Suddenly, a long shadow was cast on the table in front and she instinctively raised her head.

What came into her eyes were those dark brown orbs gazing back at her.

After a moment, she immediately stood up and glared at him. "Where were you the last week? Do you even want to do our project or not? If not, I can always talk to Ms. Anjali to let me do it alone. I don't have much time to wait for you! It's already Friday and we have to submit it on Monday!"

Swallowing to wet her dry throat, she paused a little but on not hearing anything from him, she looked up again at him in annoyance.
"Are you mute or what? Say something!"

"I was out for a debate competition." He bit his lip slightly in nervousness but still replied. There was a bit of nonchalance to his tone but only he knew how nervous he was at this moment. Second time taking to her! God help me!!!!

"I know." She deadpanned. "Nerd things!"
Turning her to the side, she pursed her lips before speaking, "when do you want to start?"

"Umm...today?" He tentatively asked.

"Fine. Text me." With this, she picked up her bag and was about to speak to Aradhya about getting up when he suddenly intervened.

"I don't have your number!"

A snicker was heard from the side as Aradhya leisurely took her time to stand up before placing her hands on the table and looked at Leshya with a "told you so" look.