CHAPTER 6

***

K A B I R

My heart almost stopped beating when I heard her say those two words "I don't."

I knew she doesn't like me, most likely never will but after our talk today this morning, I thought that maybe...

That maybe you could become friends before finally she realises her love for you and then you both have a simple happy ending? You're delusional!

My inner voice mocked, as if even the thought of ever having Leshya seemed a joke in its own.

We both are worlds apart, I know.

But I also know I am a stupidly romantic idiot who lives in fantasies of those rom-com novels that I've read after seeing her for the first time.

She's this amazingly beautiful, talented, confident and smart popular girl whereas I?
I am just a simple nerd, a loser, a random tom dick jerry that anyone can easily lose sight of in the crowd.

However, Leshya, she shines in the crowd.
Her whole person has this amazing charm on her that attracts everyone over.

She's like the literal female lead who came out of a super popular happy romance novel.

Suddenly I heard her friend saying the name of "Reyansh" and my whole body stiffened for a moment.

Reyansh...

Why him again?

He's the first person whom I've come to hate after my dad.

For everyone else here, he's the most charming and handsome, flirtatious but smart with good grades type of guy, your typical male lead of teen fiction romance TV dramas and novels but for me, for me he's nothing but a bully.

Reyansh Singh Shekhawat.
The one and only son of a top politician here in North India.

I knew him before actually coming here.
He's the one my dad asked me to meet so I could make some friends. According to him, I was too lonely and closed off, aloof so I needed to make some outgoing, bold and confident friends and Reyansh happened to be on the top of my dad's list.

Reyansh's Dad and him were specially invited by my dad so I could get to know him.

And our first meeting wasn't that bad. He had presented himself nicely with impeccable manners and behaviour. I honestly felt that maybe we could be good friends later but that opinion of mine was dashed the moment I came here and entered college in my first day.

However, I do have to admit one thing. Except being a bully and an utter tyrant to all the people in the college, including even teachers, Reyansh has been nothing but a gentleman in front of Leshya.

Having seen their interactions for more than the past two years, it's quite easily to tell that he likes her.

Maybe I...

Just then, a snarky, resentment filled voice sounded beside his ear, "These people are the disgusting ones! How dare they call you that?"

I abruptly looked up from my daze and gazed sideways only to see that the slender figure I was looking for was nowhere.

As the sound of a car passing came from the front, I raised my head and saw the signature neon green Lamborghini running past the college parking lot.

They are gone.
She must have went out with her friends.

"What are you in a daze for?" Keerti grumbled beside me as she shook my hand. "Leave it, anyhow, tell me, are you going to talk to Ms. Anjali? Let's go together now!"