Chapter - 17

I sit on the edge of my bed, the weight of my bridal attire heavy on my shoulders

I sit on the edge of my bed, the weight of my bridal attire heavy on my shoulders. My reflection in the mirror shows tear-streaked cheeks and eyes brimming with unshed sorrow. Every fold of the intricate fabric feels like a shackle, binding me to a future that looms uncertain and distant.

As I contemplate the moments ahead, my heart constricts with a sense of impending loss. The thought of leaving behind the warmth of my family's embrace fills me with an ache so profound it feels like a physical wound. Each memory, each shared laughter, each tender moment, floods my mind like a torrent, threatening to drown me in a sea of emotions.

"Do I really have to go?" I whisper to myself, my voice barely audible above the din of my own thoughts. The uncertainty of the future weighs heavily on me, casting shadows of doubt across my once-clear path.

And then they come, my pillars of strength, my mother and father, their presence both a comfort and a reminder of what I am about to leave behind. Their gentle words and tender embraces offer fleeting solace in the face of an uncertain future.

But as I hold them close, my heart rebels against the inevitable separation. "Do I really have to leave?" I ask, my voice choked with emotion, my eyes searching theirs for a glimmer of doubt, a shred of hesitation.

Yet, even as the question hangs in the air, I already know the answer. "Yes, my dear," my father's voice trembles with emotion, a reflection of my own turmoil. "Every daughter has to leave their parents someday."

And so, we hold each other in a tight embrace, a silent acknowledgment of the bittersweet reality that awaits us. In that moment, amidst the tears and the pain, there is also love—undeniable, unyielding, and eternal. For even as I prepare to embark on a new journey, I carry with me the indelible bond of family.

The nikkah venue exudes an aura of serenity, with soft lighting casting warm hues across the elegantly decorated lounge area. Delicate floral arrangements adorn every corner, their sweet fragrance mingling with the faint scent of incense. The air is thick with anticipation, each moment pregnant with significance.

As I make my way through the lounge, my footsteps echoing softly against the polished marble floors, my heart beats a frantic rhythm in my chest. The weight of my impending vows hangs heavy in the air, a constant reminder of the life-altering decision I am about to make.

And then, amidst the sea of faces, I see him—Salar Shah, my fiance, seated on the other corner of the lounge. His gaze meets mine, and in that fleeting moment, a thousand emotions pass between us—love, uncertainty, hope, and fear.

With trembling hands, I approach him, my steps faltering with each passing moment. The distance between us feels insurmountable, a chasm of uncertainty and doubt that threatens to engulf me whole.

As I finally reach his side, I lower myself onto the cushioned seat beside him, my hands still trembling uncontrollably. Every fiber of my being screams with apprehension, the weight of my decision pressing down on me like a leaden weight.