Chapter - 26

The day is perfect for a grand opening

The day is perfect for a grand opening. The sun filters gently through the canopy of trees, casting a dappled light over the garden. Flowers in full bloom line the pathways, their fragrance mingling with the fresh morning air. The lush greenery provides a serene backdrop for this momentous occasion. As the CEO, I stand beside my wife, Tanzeela, feeling an overwhelming sense of pride and love.

We are here to cut the ribbon for a project that signifies not just professional success but the beginning of our love story. My heart swells as I look at Tanzeela, remembering the journey that brought us here. From the first moment I saw her, a determined and brilliant woman with an infectious smile, to the day I realized I was hopelessly in love with her, every memory is etched in my heart.

The ribbon stretches across the entrance, its vibrant red color standing out against the verdant backdrop. The crowd gathers, our colleagues and friends, all eager to witness this milestone. I turn to Tanzeela, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

"Ready?" I ask, my voice soft yet filled with anticipation.

She nods, her smile radiant. "Ready."

Together, we hold the scissors, our hands brushing against each other. It's a small gesture, but it sends a thrill through me. We cut the ribbon in unison, the crowd erupts into applause, and I can't help but feel a surge of pride—not just for the project, but for us, for the love that we've built together.

As the crowd begins to disperse, congratulating us with warm smiles and handshakes, I turn to Tanzeela. Her eyes meet mine, and there's a warmth there that makes my heart skip a beat.

"You know," she begins, her tone teasing, "since my contract has ended, I guess we won't be meeting in your office anymore."

I can't suppress a smile. "Good thing your husband is the CEO. I think I can arrange a few exceptions."

She laughs, a melodious sound that I've come to treasure. We start walking through the garden, the soft rustle of leaves and the chirping of birds creating a perfect symphony. My hand finds hers, and I hold it gently, feeling the warmth of her skin.

"I still remember the first day you walked into my office," I say, reminiscing. "You were so focused, so determined. I was intrigued from the very start. And not forgetting your habit of silently screaming in front of my see through door"

"Haww you could see through that door!" she counters, a playful glint in her eyes. "You are so bad"

"Was I really that bad?" I chuckle, squeezing her hand lightly.

"You were...intimidating," she admits, "but also inspiring. You pushed me to be better, to aim higher. And somewhere along the way, I fell for you."

Her words touch me deeply, and I stop walking, turning to face her fully. "And I fell for you, Tanzeela. I was a fool not to realize it sooner."