Chapter 2: Finding the detonator

It's early in the morning, and the sun doesn't shine yet. The team and I made our way to the docks. Cyborg uses his sonic cannon to blast open the door. I rush in putting my fists up, ready to fight, but I don't see anyone. No, Slade, robots, or anything it's just empty. But still, something is not right about this place. It's too suspicious. I put my fists down as Stafire speaks. "Empty?" Confused Starfire is. "Oh man!" Cyborg exclaims upset. "I don't believe this!" My mind frustrated. Where is Slade or any of his robots? Shouldn't they be here? Suddenly, out of nowhere, his robots show up. Coming to attack us. I knew that something was suspicious about this place. "Titans Go!" I shout to the team as they start to fight. I go over to Cyborg, where some robots are and fight them quickly and voiently as he about to fight them but doesn't. "Hey! I was going to do that," Cyborg upset a bit. I run to another set of robots where Starfire is. She charges up her starbolts, ready to fight them. While she does, I charge at the robots aggressively. Attacking each of them by one as Starfire just stares me. I see another set of robots as Beastboy turns into a bull and almost runs for them, but again, I attack them. Seeing more robots, I run to them seeing Raven in the air about to say her spell. "Azarth Metrion Zin-" I cut her off as I attacked more robots. On the other side of the warehouse, I attack even more robots angerily. Soon, I hear Cyborg speak. "Uh, Robin? I think you got him."Yes, please, you may stop now," Starfire places a hand on me as I stand up. "We are victorious," Statfire exclaims. "Slade's got his finger on the button, and we've got nothing!" I retract my staff and place it in my belt. "Does that sound like a victory to you?" I walk away to the outside of the warehouse as they all just stare at me like I'm crazy.

The team follows me outside of the warehouse, looking for the detonator trying to find clues or anything. But then Cyborg speaks. "Okay. We know the Cornoton detonator was here. Now we just have to figure out where it went." Cyborg looks around. "No problem. We should split up and-" he gets cut off by Raven. "Waste hours searching only to come empty-handed?" Raven says in suggestive tone. "Well, when you say it like that?" Beastboy cracks a small nervous smile. "Raven is right. We must find some way to track the device." Starfire suggests. My eyebrow raises quizzically at the sound echoing footsteps. I see a man walking between two warehouses. I shouted to the man. "Freeze!" I run up to the man, using one of the birdarangs to strike him down, but I hit it on the concrete. I run up to the man throwing him against the wall. I pull up a Slade S to the man's face. "Tell me everything you know about this!" The man stutters on his words, scared. "Answer me now!" Finally, some words come put the man's mouth. "I've never seen it before! I don't know anything, honest!" Suddenly, Raven uses her powers to lift me up from my torso and slams me against the wall as the man runs away. "You said you could handle it," She releases me. "You promised," I slide from the wall and get back up on my feet, walking away. "We're wasting time." I walk away. "You know, just cause you want to catch Slade doesn't mean you have to act like him!" He shouts to me. I stop hearing what Beastboy said, which made me frustrated. Not wanting to hear him compare me to him. I already hated him enough. "Don't you ever compare me to him! He's trying to destroy the city, I'm trying to save it." Suddenly, Starfire let's out a violent big sneeze. "Forgive me. I am allergic to metallic chronoium. There must be a source nearby." We all hide away from Starfire as she sneezes again. After the sneeze, we go back to Starfire. "Sorry," Starfire sniffles. Cyborg looks on his forearm to something nearby. "Interesting." Cyborg looks to see that the Cornoton detonator is nearby. "Not really. On my world, cornoton allergies are quite common." Starfire sniffles more. "No. The key component of Chronoton Detonator is a metallic chromium core, which means-" Beastboy then finishes his sentence. "Starfire can track it!" Beastboy smiles as Starfire sniffles.

A while later, we ended up in a tunnel where Starfire tracked the detonator with her sneezes. The tunnel was dark, old, and dusty. As we're in the tunnel, Starfire sneezes again. We all put up our arms to protect ourselves from powerful sneeze. She sniffles, wiping her nose slightly. "I believe it is this way." We slowly put our arms down as they all walk again. But then I say something. "Look guys, uh, about earlier," I get cut off mid way through my sentence from Raven. "I'll have to wait." She points to a small boat with commando robots and the Cornoton detonator on it. I shout to the team. "Titans! Go!" We run to the small boat with the commando robots and the Cornoton detonator. Beastboy turns into a falcon as we all run to the boat. "Quick! we can't let him get away!" A section of the wall collapses as stone hands suddenly grab onto me. It was Cinderblock. "Robin!" Starfire shouts for me. "Get the detonator! Go!" I shout to the team as I fight off Cinderblock. Starfire still waits for me, but then Cyborg calls to her. "Star! You heard the man!" Cyborg calls to her. She leaves as I fight off Cinderblock alone. I jump onto one of the columns to another and stay ahead of Cinderblock as he destroys other columns. "Only fair to warn you: you caught me on a bad day!" I charge to Cinderblock using a rope with bolas-weighted balls connected to the rope. I jump high over him and tangle the rope around his head as I do a spining kick attack. He topples down doesn't land on the ground. I go into a crouch and push up off from the ground. I make another powerful kick to Cinderblock that staggers him. Then, make another kick to him, bringing him down to the ground. I then seize him, throwing him onto his back fully. I get on top of him and then shout at him. "Where is he? Where's - huh?" I look to his hand to a small tracking device. I pick it up and zoom in close onto the map to see two flashing dots. But when I look closer, it shows an S marking. My eyes wide, knowing that's Slade, but then a cold smile appears on my face. Knowing that I can use this tracker to find Slade and stop him on my own.