Chapter 5: Friends to enemies

I go into Wanye Enterprises, busting down the door with a kick. Smoke fills the room, but soon it clears up. I see the device guarded by a force. I ran up to the device and almost grabbed it, but then I freeze in my tracks, hearing Cyborg. My face snarling, frustrated that he ruined me getting the device. "You're not getting out of here, Robin." I turn around to see the Titans. "Not without a fight. Titans! Go!" Cyborg yells as I run up to them as I yell loudly. Cyborg makes a punch while Beasyboy lunges onto me, but I dodge getting out of their way as I jump up to the vent in front of Starfire and Raven. I make my way up on the roof of Wanye Enterprises in front of the Wayne letters. I run across the roof but hear Slade speak to me. "Not so fast, Robin. You have yet to achieve your objective," he speaks through the radio receiver. "The device was too heavily guarded, I'll have to steal it another -" he cuts me off, shouting at me. "No!" I stop running. "Go back. Unless you want me to destroy them. Go back and fight." Well, Slade says that I hear Cyborg again. "Robin!" I turn around facing the Titans. "Look, I don't know what's going on, but we don't want to fight. We just want to talk." I jump up and kick Cyborg. "I guess there's nothing to talk about." Beastboy transforms into a large guerrilla and uses both of his fists and smashes me but doesn't since I backflip up the A in Wanye. As Beastboy uses his large hand to attack me, I use one of Slades' flying weapons to use as rope and wrap it around his wrist, yanking him into the letter A. I jump down hearing Starfire calling for me. "Please -" but I ignore her by running past and fighting off Raven. I try to kick her multiple times, but I miss every time. In the distance, I see Cyborg pull out his cannon. "Don't make me," he gives up on the attempt of hitting me as he runs towards me. He punches me, but I obviously dodge it. While fighting Cyborg and Raven, I don't even notice Beastboy turning into a bighorn sheep and charging into me. Using his horns, he pushes me over, making me roll on my back to the end of the roof. Beastboy then turns back to his normal form and runs towards me to see if I'm fine. "Dude! Are you okay?" He runs towards me as I kick him out of my way and push him into Cyborg, which send them both backward. I hear Slade in my again from the radio receiver. "Fight to win, Robin. Use the thermal blaster." Suddenly, Raven lifts me up I the air and says her spell. "Azarth Metrion Zinthos!" As she said that, she binds me from the neck and knees as my right arm is free. So, I use that arm to scale a disc at her, making a big flash of light for her not being able to see anything. "I can't see..." Raven tumbles down as Starfire watches. "No!" Starfire yells as I fight Cyborg by blocking his punches. "Come! on, man. Don't make me do this! I don't want to do this." he gets his fire cannon prepared on his arm, but then I swoop under his feet, making him fall over on his back. I jump up on the letter A and jump on to each of the letters, but then I get to E and see Starfire. "Stop!" I stop and freeze. "Do. Not. Move," she raises up her arm with a green starbolt charged up. "I thought I told you to use that blaster. Attack! Now!" I raise the blaster up in front of Starfire, the muzzle showing a flowing red. I lock eyes with Starfire, seeing her eyes widen, showing her struggling with destroying me or not. "Robin, you are my best friend. I can not be in a world where we must fight. If you are truly evil," Starfire drops her head and cools down her starbolt. "Then go ahead." she lowers her arm down. "Do what you must," I still look at her, lost for words. It felt like she touched my own inner conflicts. But for some reason, I needed to fight her it was my job too, but something was stopping me from attacking her. I lower my arm and de-energize the blaster. "Starfire, no! I-" I feel a squeal of shrill against my ear. I feel the pain in my ear. "ROBIN! I gave you an order."If you won't attack, my probes will," I see Starfire glowing and turn orange with red freckled spots around her. Groaning in pain, she starts to twitch as she falls down, but I catch her. "Starfire!" I yell as I look around to see all of the others the same way as Starfire. "Stop! Please stop!" I beg to Slade. "Attack, Robin. It's the only way to save them. Attack with everything you got. " I do as he says and set Starfire down. "Robin..." I point the blaster to Starfire. "I'm sorry," I say quietly as I hit the trigger. A big flash occurs as a pause of silence happens. "That's my boy," I hear Slade say in the radio receiver.