Chapter 2

Baseball soon became an addiction. Everyday at exactly 9 I was at the sandlot ready to play with the boys. The house phone started ringing and I ran to it.

"Hello Summers residence" I answered.

"Jess I haven't seen you in like three weeks where have you been?" Mack's voice asked.

"Baseball" I answered.

"Well could you take a break?" She sighed.

"Maybe tomorrow" I said hanging up. I ran out and to the sandlot. As I approached I heard the boys complaining it was to hot.

"Let's go see some pool ladies" they all said together.

"Dude we were banned last summer" Squints said.

"Yeah yeah but that new pool opened up" Yeah Yeah said.

"Alright everyone back here in fifteen" Benny said as I was next to them.

"Go get your bathing suit were going out" he said and I nodded running back home. I put on my white bikini and I put a plaid shirt over buttoned up but unbuttoned at the top revealing some of the bikini top. I pulled on some jean shorts and flip flops and ran out the door with my towel in arm. Once I got there all the boys were there and ready. I saw them all stop and look at me and I blushed.

"Let's go" Benny said. We all ran to the new pool. When we got there the boys started ripping off their shirts. I watched Benny as he stretched his tan abs and v-line as he moved the shirt over his head. I sighed and stopped looking before he noticed and slipped my shorts off. I turned away from the pool as I unbuttoned my shirt. I planned on tanning so I laid my towel over the beach chair and I laid down.

"Get a good enough look yet Benny?" I heard Ham say practically seeing the smirk on his face. I opened my eyes to see Benny staring at me from the pool. He was blushing a giant red now that he was caught.

"Why don't you come in" Benny smiled at me. I hopped up and walked over jumping into the water. When I came above the water I swam over to the boys. Benny held his arm out and I grabbed it as he brought me towards him. I rested my hands on his shoulder as we talked in the water.

"How come we never talked to you before in school?" Bertram said. Benny turned his head to look at the side of mine.

"Well I guess we were just apart of two different crowds" I said.

"What made you come up and talk to us on the last day of school?" Smalls asked.

"I always wanted to talk to you guys before and I did it when I had the chance" I said and they nodded.

"Why would you want to talk to us?" Timmy asked. I blushed and bit my lip.

"Ooh she has the hots for one of us" Ham said.

"I bet it's me" he finished smirking at the guys. Benny shook his head at him.

"Do you?" He whispered to me. I gave him a confused look.

"Have the hots for one of us?" he whispered again. I blushed more and bit my lip harder as he stared me down with his gorgeous brown eyes. He smiled at me.

"Who is it" he whispered more towards my neck and it sent shivers down my spine. I shook my head and he chuckled.

"I will get it out of you one day" he smirked at me and I practically melted. After swimming that day we decided to make our way home because we needed to be prepared to make up what we lost today.