Chapter 7

I sighed I was up all night thinking about Benny and that kiss. I was utterly befuzzled by those actions. I mean I know he said he liked me but after Janice I didn't expect any of what happened. I pulled off my night gown leaving me in my white lace bra and panties as I searched the closet for a shirt.

"Forget to close the curtains!" I heard someone yell. I turned and saw Benny looking out the window. I grabbed my robe and wrapped it around me quickly. I opened the window.

"Well it would make my life easier if I didn't have to worry about boys perving on me through my window" I said and he laughed.

"Don't worry it's not like I haven't caught you before just this is the first time I said anything" he said and I turned even redder.

"Can I change now or are you not done?" I said and he laughed. I chuckled and shot up closing the curtains. I went back to my closet and chose a maroon crop top. I went to my drawer and got high waisted white shorts and put them on. I chose a gold heart locker to brighten the shirt more and I put maroon converse on. I left my wavy hair down and pulled the top half of it back with a white bow. I walked outside and saw Phillips out front. I groaned.

"Good morning baby!" He cooed.

"Phillips leave were through" I said. He looked like he had been hit by a bus.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Phillips I just don't feel it between us I mean there are so many other girls you can make happy but I'm not at my fullest when I'm with you and your not with me, find someone who would love with the same amount of love back" I said and he sighed.

"Benny is such a lucky guy" he said. I gave him a confused look and he smiled at me.

"Your such a great girl and don't even realize it" he said then rode away on his bike. I ran to the sandlot and Benny stopped and looked at me. Even though we had our encounter earlier we both knew right now was the time for me to show him how I feel back. I was walking slowly toward him and he held his bat at his side. I started running and I jumped into his arms wrapping my legs around his torso and kissed him.

"I thought about it" I said once we finished and he laughed.

"Okay I wanna play some ball not be apart of some stupid romance story!" Squints yelled.

"Your just jealous!" Benny yelled back.

"Yeah yeah all he has is his imaginary girlfriend Wendy Peffercorn" Yeah Yeah yelled and we laughed.

"Shut up!" He said. Benny still had his hands placed under my thighs as I was wrapped around his waist.

"I'm sorry about Phillips I only dated him because I was upset about Janice" I said and he shook his head.

"I'm going to tell you right now at first she was okay but then she literally went stalker mode like I told my mom not to let her in if she came back because I woke up and she was just sitting there staring at me" he said and I laughed.

"Okay let's get to the game" I pecked his lips and hopped down.

"Finally!" Timmy gasped.

"Finally!" Tommy repeated and Timmy shook his head. We played for a while but then it started to get dark. As I was walking away from the sandlot Benny ran up to me.

"So what did you do about Phillips?" He asked grabbing my hand. I froze under his touch. It felt so homely you could feel how much work was put into them from hitting with the bat but they were still smooth and warm bringing a calm feeling over me.

"I um I broke up with him this morning" I said.

"That's amazing" he smiled picking me up and spinning me around.

"Yeah I just feel bad I mean he was only looking for love" I said and he sighed.

"Trust me he will find it, it's Phillips and Phillips always gets what he wants" he said and I nodded.

"Can I ask you something?" He said and I nodded.

"Will you go on a date with me?" He asked and I smiled and nodded.

"Isn't that sweet" I heard a voice snarl. I turned and saw Janice.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Well you and me both know" she said and I looked at Benny.

"Janice I literally have only known you for two days how could you like me?" He asked and she gave an evil smile.

"Yeah but those two days gave me enough time to realize your an extremely cute guy that's awesome and will always be mine" she said and he shuddered.

"You can't control who I want to be with and I have always wanted to be with Jess and that isn't gonna change" he said and I blushed and smiled.

"Awe so sweet but right now I'm not done with you" she said and walked away.

"Benny what do you think she meant?" I asked and he sighed.

"I'm not really sure" he replied.

<><><><><><>
Sorry for not updating guys I have had an extremely busy weekend and it's still not over I just finished what I had during breakfast this morning. So sorry and again you guys know I hate making author notes so hope you guys enjoy this short filler I guess?¿❤️❤️