Roomate

*Taraji's POV*

Upstairs in my room playing monopoly with Fantastia, we heard the chatter and laughter between my parents and Gabrielles' but we had not picked up Gabrielle's voice since they came. My phone rang and it was Halle.

"Who's that?"

"Halle." I replied picking up and answering the phone.

"Hey suga, what's up?" I looked to the side and saw Fantasia motioning for me to put it on speaker, and that I did.

"Hey Raji, are you busy? I just want to talk to someone right now" she sounded like she was crying and she wasn't as energetic and excited as she normally is. I look to Fantasia to see if she would approve and she did

"Uhm yeah, you can. What's wrong? Why are you crying?" I questioned I was concerned

"It's a lot to say over the phone. I'll be right over"

"Okay well before you come just be prepared Gabrielle and her parents are here having dinner with mine"

"Oh. Okay sure I'm on my way."

I hung up

"Okay so what was that about?" Fantasia asked knitting her eyebrows

"I don't know Tasia, she's vulnerable right now so let's just...be there for her no matter what it is" I said holding her face before planting a kiss on her lips.

She smiled

About 10 minutes after she texted saying she was here. Fantasia and I put on our hoodies and went downstairs amidst the dinner, I simply didn't care. We walked down the steps and I instantly felt eyes on me.

"Well goodnight to you too." I said nonchalantly

"Oh hey, my favorite Les-" she stopped in her tracks I guess she remembered where the fuck she was.

"Hello girls, lovely to see you here" she continued plastering a smile on her face, all I wanted to do was rip it right off.

I scoffed I didn't have time for her bullshit tonight and definitely not in my own house.
I opened the door and let Halle in, Halle's and Gabrielle's eyes met they were locked and focused staring at each other. I looked at Fantasia to see if she saw the interaction and she definitely did.

"Uhm okay weird, let's go" Fantasia said

"Right.."

I pulled both of their hands and led them up to the room, as we entered the room I locked the door behind us and turned to Halle

"Speak." Fantasia said

"Well uhm, my mom kicked me out of the house after she found out that my boyfriend broke up with me." She said as tears started to fall

"Wait you had a boyfriend?" I asked, I was shocked, I mean she's very pretty but I thought- never mind

"Is that such a big shock? Yes I had a boyfriend. But I never liked him, my mother planned the whole relationship because he's a rich kid and my mom loves money."

"Oh"

"I'm almost into..girls" her head hung

"Oh bitch we been knew" Fantasia exclaimed throwing her hands

"Exactly, that's why when you said you had a man I was so shocked" I added on laughing

"Well fuck both y'all" Halle laughed

"I still have no where to go, my mom said she refuses to let me back in the house because I'm such a disappointment."

"Aww sweetie you are not a disappointment, you're the most awesome person we know, and to be honest we weren't so sure if we wanted to be your friend or hang out with you, because of something that happened back in LA. You Halle, you proved to us that you're an awesome person to be around and you bring joy to everyone that you come into contact with." I've never heard Fantasia speak to anyone in that manner, well except to me it was heart touching.

Halle cried

"Halle you can stay with us, we'll get you clothes and essentials, fuck your bitch ass of a mom and she can kiss your ass too!" I exclaimed

*Fantasia's POV*

I felt sorry for Halle she was undeserving of all the treatment she is getting, however I wasn't too sure if the staying with us until whenever, I was thinking more towards a hotel room.

"Taraji, come with me" I said interrupting them

"Oh, okay be right back Halle"

We walked out the room and went to the guest room, because there was a lesser chance of people hearing us, especially the guests that were there. We walked in and I closed the door behind us.

"What you wanted to talk about?" She held my hand

"Baby I know the house is big or whatever"

"Mhm"

"But why would you tell Halle that she can stay here until whenever,  you didn't even ask me if I would be comfortable with her staying with us! I was thinking more towards a hotel room"

"Are you serious? After that little speech you gave I thought you wouldn't have minded"

"That's the thing raj, I was sincere in my speech but I don't know how I feel about her staying here"

"You're overacting and I don't know why the fuck you are." She was pissed. I just wasn't comfortable but she didn't understand

She left the room and went back up to Halle.

Truth is, im just jealous.