Chapter 14

I was hanging out at Asami's because I had a bad day at school. I didn't really want the chaos of two little siblings causing havoc around the house, so I asked Asami if I could hang out at her place for a little while. Drinking some tea from the porch, I looked off to the sky, wondering about something I wasn't sure of. Just then Asami came out onto the porch with her own cup of tea.

"Hey, I noticed you were pretty lonely here," she said, "you alright?"

"I'm just... wondering about something," I told her, "like what could happen if past troubles catch up to me."

"Even if they do," she replied, "I'll still be here with you. I don't care if you were troubled or got in street fights or are a delinquent. You're you, and that's all that matters." I felt an emotion that can't really be described in words when she said that. I'm me, and that's all that matters, yeah, she's right.

"Thanks, I needed that," I told her, "I've been stressed and confused every day."

"Then find out what's wrong and right it," she told me. I looked at her, confused. Find out what's wrong and right it? How do I do that? "It's oddly serene without the chaos," I said out of the blue, "Huh. I guess I don't mind it that much." Asami agreed with me. The next few minutes were pure silence, with just the sound of the quiet wind and our tea. The moment felt oddly intimate. I moved closer to Asami and she moved closer to me. I noticed she was out of tea, so I gave her some of mine. She drank some of it and I drank the rest. It was just the wind now. I went to speak, but she ended up kissing me. I was taken aback and didn't know how to respond, but I did know what it meant.

"Are you done looking into the sky awkwardly or do you need another kiss?" she asked.

"No, I'm fine," I told her, "Besides, we've only known each other for only 4 months at this point. I think a relationship is for later."