Chapter 19

Me and Asami were bored, so we went to my room just to chat. It was silent and awkward until Asami broke the silence.

"So... what kind of movies do you like?"

"Movies? I guess, like, period pieces and old action films-"

"I like samurai movies, do you like samurai movies?"

"I... guess."

"Do you like any TV shows?"

"You sound like an interviewer... I guess Cowboy Bebop would be one..."

"Spike is cool, right?"

"Yeah."

"Ed is my favourite! Did you know that Ed is short for Edward Wong Hau Pepelu-... um, oh. I-I'm ranting again, aren't I?"

"You're ranting again."

"Sorry. Force of habit."

"It's alright. Sometimes I start ranting from nowhere as well."

"...Um, do you like anyone?"

"Yeah, I guess. If I had to describe her... she has green hair, purple eyes, red glasses, is tall, and wouldn't you know it, she's right beside me."

"Oh... Oh, oh- what- a- huh, you- I, what?"

"Was that too much, Asami?"

"I... like you too. Kazuya."

"That's an awkward way to say it."

"I'm not the best at confessions or whatever."

"That's alright, I'm not good at confessions either."

We stopped there for a bit until she gave me an onigiri. I declined and she put it back. As I was going to talk to her, she, for a second time, kissed me. I said nothing more. She, awkwardly, asked me if we could go on another date another time, and maybe have it not as awkward. I agreed.