Chapter 20

The park is nice and calming in the fall. I invited Asami to go on a date with me through the park. Just so we could go on a 'proper' date, and maybe have a proper first kiss.

I met just outside my place. I only realize now that we live super close to each other.

Walking through the park was nice and quaint. It was quiet. Being next to Asami helped with that atmosphere. I wanted to be with her. My eyes constantly jumped from Asami to the trees and back.

"Hey," I suddenly said, "Do you think of me as... more than just a friend? More than even a best friend?"

"I do," she told me, "You're special to me, Kazuya."

"I am?" I asked, "In what way?"

"We're similar," she responded, "We both do martial arts and... um...."

"Yet we're complete opposites," I replied.

"I guess we are," she told me.

A few moments of silence as we sat on a bench. There was but all the sounds of leaves flowing and rustling.

"Hey," Asami said suddenly, "D-do you wanna be..."

"Be what?" I asked.

"Like, boyfriend and girlfriend, or something," she told me, "Like, a couple."

"I'm content with that," I told her.

Another moment of silence. We looked at each other and leaned in slowly. Then our lips met.

After the kiss, we smiled at each other warmly. We exchanged 'I love you's and got up to go home.