Season 2, Chapter 5: Disguise

The people had taken Atlas to a village, Atlas woke up to a bed and then wondered what had happened, he then walked around the home, he looked outside the window to see that he was in a completely different place, he was shocked to see this, he was relieved that he had survived the synthrox, although not knowing how it came, he was at least alive, but he then shed a tear for his mother, he will never forget her, but he had some thoughts on Surge, he had wondered where he had been, he then came into conclusion that he got defeated and was quite sad it was the only solution to that case.

Atlas then went outside, surprised to see the wild, the people that had saved him then greeted him.

Sullivan: Well let us introduce ourselves because this is where you will most likely live. My name is Sullivan Pierce!

Nolan: My name is Nolan Mercer.

Sullivan: This fellow's name is Lawson, Lawson Clark.

Atlas: My name is Atlas, Atlas Surge..

Sullivan then shook Atlas's hand violently, trying to make a good impression for him.

Sullivan: Cheer up buddy! It's actually uncommon to see this, but I'm sure you will handle this feeling, just move on alright?

Atlas then cheered up, nodded to his request and went on with them, the four had fun together, walking along the parks, talking and joking around, they also went to a restaurant, Atlas was fascinated by the world outside, he didn't know why his parents didn't let him go out here, with these people, he feels more safe than being with his parents before.

They all continued walking and they saw the beautiful skies, Atlas was more shocked than them, they were pretty happy to see his expression.

Sullivan: Really like this view huh?

Atlas: Woah... Amazing...

They all chuckled at his reaction. Walking back home they found some animals as well, they came to some and petted them, letting Atlas feel the wild.

It was getting night time and the group had to go home now, so they went home in the sun set and found a synthrox roaming.

Sullivan: You stay next to me alright? Watch them defeat that guy.

Atlas observed as they battled the synthrox and how they fought, the synthrox came tackling Nolan but Nolan then parried it's attack, Lawson then slashed the synthrox and it then showed the core, Nolan then stabbed right through the core and defeated the synthrox.

Atlas was amazed by how talented they were, he wondered if they were the same as his father's skills, but that's for another day, he thought. They then successfully walked back home and then settled for a good night's rest.

a week later, normal days passed by. Atlas was then introduced to fighting since he wanted to defeat a synthrox on his own, Sullivan and the others trained Atlas with basic fighting skills, Atlas was a little overwhelmed and had a difficult time but the others had good patience, training Atlas in a nice pace.

After a couple days go by, a surged synthrox came into their town, about to wreak havoc, Sullivan then told Atlas to stay where he was, Atlas agreed, then the three went to defeat the surged synthrox. Atlas then observed and was pretty overwhelmed by the situation, Sullivan was running around the synthrox and struggling to get a hit while the others try to strike, but failing, Atlas was worried but he still was confident about their victory, the synthrox then knocked back all the three in a distance, the synthrox then saw that Atlas was in the closest distance, so it started to tackle Atlas, Atlas was shocked about this and used his reflexes to get up and dodge, he then ran around a building and to Sullivan, where Sullivan then parried the synthrox and slit through the skin, resulting in the visibility of the core, Nolan then strook the core but it wasn't enough, but they still damaged the synthrox, the synthrox then blasted Nolan away with a blunt attack, resulting in a slight injury, with the four of them struggling, Lawson then came in and slit the skin, Sullivan risked and charged the core, slicing right through while getting blasted by the same blunt attack, they at least had defeated the surged synthrox. Atlas was then struggling to think that such creatures exist, he needed to learn how to fight alongside with his group, because three definitely isn't enough.