Increase

Lucifer sat at a small, ornate table in the luxurious palace of his twin brothers. Despite the dark and fiery surroundings, it was surprisingly calm and peaceful as Lucifer sipped on his cup of tea.

"So then I told Jophiel, that he can't just throw newcomers off buildings as a way to try and teach them how to fly!" Lucifer exclaimed, his wings fluttering slightly with annoyance. "But do you think he listened? No, of course not. He-"

"You know, Lucifer, you always seem to be coming down to hell these days. It's starting to make me wonder if I'm no longer the only one making you come here." 

Michael, who was seated across from him, said cutting him off.

Lucifer took another sip of his tea, moving his eyes to look at the wall behind the king of hell. Of course, his brother would notice the increase in visits he makes nowadays. In fact, he knew his brother would notice at some point, by the way he had already practiced this conversation in his head before.

Directing his eyes to look back at his brother, he noticed Michael's raised eyebrow, showing that he was waiting for his answer.

He chuckled, setting his cup down. "What are you talking about, Mikey?"

He used his brother's childhood nickname to hopefully make it more believable that he really didn't know what his twin was inferring, "You know the only other reason I come down here is to give Bible studies at Charlie's hotel."

Michael's expression softened for a second before resuming its serious state again.

"Demons are cunning and manipulative. They constantly want to have the upper hand over other sinners, especially when it comes to me. And it's obvious that we're related. I don't want someone to try to dethrone me by exploiting you."

Lucifer rolled his eyes, "Oh please, spare me the lecture."

"Don't you remember when you bumped into your first ever sinner, Alastor? He wanted to eat you!" Michael said, pinching the bridge of his nose.

Lucifer rolled his eyes again, looking down at his tea cup.

Michael sighed, knowing his brother was too stubborn for him to try and change his mind, "Look, just be careful. The last thing we need is for you to get hurt and show the seraphims that you've been down here."

After taking a deep breath, he continued. "I just don't want you to feel any pain, rather that it be because of a sinner using you or you becoming fallen like me, Lu Lu."

Looking up from his tea cup, Lucifer stood up and began to walk over to Michael. He gave his twin an awkward side hug, considering Michael was still sitting down. "Don't worry, Mikey."

After hugging for a minute, Lucifer pulled away, stretching his wings out.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some work to do up in heaven." With a wink, he vanished in a puff of smoke.

Michael shook his head, chuckling to himself. Despite their differences, he loved his brother and was grateful for him. But he knew his brother was too nice for his own good. He would have to have a talk with Charlie to see if she knew anything.

_________________

Hey guys, I'm thinking about starting another book, but with characters from a completely different universe tho. Anyways,  thank you all to the ones that read, vote and comment on this book!

Bye ;p