Family pt.1

The lobby of the Hazbin Hotel was abuzz with the usual chaotic energy. Demons bustled about, their conversations a cacophony of cackles and snickers. Lucifer Morningstar, stood in the corner, his wings spread wide,fluttering happily. In his hands, he held a bowl overflowing with different types of vegetables, the vibrant colors of the greens being a stark contrast to the fiery hues of his surroundings.

Across from him sat Angel Dust, the flamboyant spider demon, his blue dress now a puddle beneath him on the floor . He had perched his oversized sunglasses on his head, revealing heterochromia eyes sparkling happily. Between them, a pink pig and a pristine white duck ate on the greens with gusto.

"They sure do love those," Lucifer chuckled, his soft voice resonating with a gentle warmth.

"Well there's not much Greenery down here" Angel Dust replied in a playful rasp. "Gotta keep them lil' babies fed, Luci. They're the only ones who can stand my crazy shenanigans."

Lucifer rolled his eyes at the nickname but nevertheless smiled. He had brought the greens from heaven, a small offering from his home, to this chaotic yet strangely comforting infernal haven.

After the animals were satisfied with their meal, and had been played with for a little bit. Lucifer had rose, Daisy waddling at his heels. He had decided to go off and find Alastor now. 

After walking around the hotel a little bit, he had found the man he was looking for in his room. He was seated on an old-looking couch, his horned head bent over a tattered book. He didn't look up, not even when Lucifer entered. 

Lucifer settled himself next to the deer demon, his wings unfurling in the dark room. He picked at his feathers in the peaceful silence.

Finally, Alastor lowered his book and turned towards Lucifer, his grin a playful curve. "Well, well, Lucifer. What brings you to my humble abode?"

"Just wanted to see how you were," Lucifer answered, his voice soft. At first, they settled into a comfortable silence until, of course, Lucifer broke it by rambling on about him and Adam's escapades in heaven.

"Hey, Al," Lucifer began, his voice tinged with a hint of curiosity, "I've talked a lot about my brothers and others I consider family. But I'm curious, what about your family?"

Alastor's smile twitched in the corners. He looked away. Normally, he wouldn't talk to anybody about his family, but Lucifer wasn't anybody. "Well, the only person I would call family is my mother. And my father? He walked away. Left my mother and I. But she never gave up on us. She loved me fiercely, even when I was.. difficult."

Lucifer felt a pang of sympathy. He knew the pain of familial loss, knew the sting of abandonment.

"I loved her with all my heart. She was my world." He paused, his eyes flickering back to their mischievous look. "But she's gone now. Walking on the golden road; she's probably forgotten me by now."

After that statement, Alastor chuckled, plummeting them into their next topic of conversation.

Later, after Lucifer had returned to heaven, he sat in his room, the quietness settling over him. He was no stranger to sadness; he felt bad for Alastor. He knew how it felt to have someone so close ripped away, but the difference was that he had found a way to see his brother again.

 He looked at his reflection in his mirror, his wings shimmering in the celestial light. He had to do something. He had to find Alastor's mother. He grabbed a sheet of paper and began to write, his pen flying across the parchment. He had called Adam to come over so they could talk about the plan he was making. He would seek answers; he would find this woman who had given so much love; and he would do it for Alastor, for his 'best friend'.

_________________

Look at me not being dead. You would think that since it's summer, I would have more time to write, but no.

Bye :)