002

⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ ◯ ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆

The next day I had woken up still feeling tired but I could smell food. Fuck it smelled so good my mouth started to water, the most I had ever gotten for breakfast was maybe an apple and water if I was lucky.

I sat up from bed and looked at my door, I was cautious as I stepped out of bed. I could hear the loud sound of the cell guard's baton hitting the metal wall, signaling me to move back to my bed but I knew it was just in my head.

I opened the door slowly and peaked my head out, seeing Midas cooking in the kitchen. He glanced my way for only a second but managed to drop one of the metal pots onto the floor making me immediately slam my door and run back to my bed, huddling in the corner.

A few seconds after there was a knock at my door but it didn't open, he left an option for me. To allow him in or send him away.

"Come in" I said loud enough for him to hear.

He came in and saw me with my knees to my chest in the corner of my bed, he probably thought I was some freak. "I made you breakfast if you would like to join me at the table"

I studied his facial expressions and couldn't find any trick, no malice behind his words. Just him genuinely inviting me to breakfast. I got up, my feet hitting the floor again and made my way over to him avoiding eye contact. He led me to the dining room and allowed me to sit where I felt the most comfortable.

When I had sat down he grabbed two plates, my food and his. His plate wasn't as filled as mine though. "I hope you'll enjoy it, I added the extra protein for you but not too much. I want to take you down to medical at some point today and figure out where your health is"

"Do they have to stick me with needles?" I asked, picking up the fork and playing with my food.

"Some blood drawing," He said, starting to eat his food.

"Do I have to? I don't like needles all too much." I said not eating anything off the plate even with the craving and my body screaming at me that this time it was safe to eat.

"Don't worry, Remedy will take good care of you and I can hold your hand if you want"

"What's that supposed to mean!?:" I asked aggressively, looking his way. Did he think I was some little kid?
"Calm down, I didn't mean anything by it, just offering you comfort" He said trying to relax me, worried I might get too worked up over a little miscommunication.

I let out a deep breath I didn't realize I was holding in and looked back down to my plate. I finally started to eat a little bit, trying so hard to control myself but I couldn't as I scarfed down the entire plate.