001

⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ ◯ ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆

Do you ever lose hope? Do you ever think there will never be an escape? No matter how hard you try. I thought this was it for me, this was going to be my life until the end of my days. Rotting in a cell, isolated from the rest of earth.
The room I sat in was bright, they did this on purpose to make sure I didn't sleep my days away. I was lucky they even gave me a pen to write with. I sat in my bed, huddled up in the corner with my knees up to support the notebook I was drawing in.

There was always a guard on standby, watching my every move. The walls were metal but the window they watched me from was huge, I felt like an animal on display for everybody to see. I could hear people talking but I minded my own business and kept writing, it didn't matter what they were talking about, it's not like it'll benefit me anyways.

The tall, lanky, pale man grabbing the file kept near my door. He stared at the red label marked as 'High Risk' and another below it labeled 'Dangerous'. He was talking to the guard about me, he seemed interested in me. I heard him say my name which made my ear twitch, I have never heard his voice before.

I looked up to see if I could catch a glimpse of him from the window but the guard switched the button so the window was now a mirror and I could only see myself. I stood up from my bed, placed my journal down and walked towards the window. All sound was turned off and I couldn't hear them anymore.

I could sense somebody staring back at me even though I couldn't see them, I just stared at where I assumed they were standing, not knowing I was in fact standing directly in front of him, making eye contact. That's what made him sure of his decision.

I was shoved from behind by the guard as he walked me to a new room I had never been in before. Cuffed, chained and muzzled as if I were a rabid dog just waiting to bite somebody. I was brought to a small cement room that had a table with two chairs on each side.

The guard forcefully sat me down and made sure all the chains were linked to the hooks on the floor and my hands were locked to the table.

The guard was about to walk out before the man across from me cleared his throat. "How do you expect her to speak?" The man asked the guard.

"It's your funeral" He said, taking the muzzle off of me.

Revealing nothing, no emotion on my face just a frown and tired eyes. The guard left, slamming the door shut and bolting it.

The man across from me studied my face, the two scars I had, one on my lip and the other running down my left cheek. My nose had two marks on the side, red as if they were fresh but they had been there for years. He then moved to my empty eyes, as if my soul had been torn straight from them.

"The eyes are the window to the soul you know" He said.

I didn't say anything to him. I didn't understand why he wanted to see me, being this close to me even though he had been warned over and over how bad of an idea that would be. He had a scar on his missing eye and the other eye was a golden color.