A lead

Lydia kept staring at Stiles' back as she walked behind him. Her mind was bustling with clusters of thoughts and questions; each of them just as important as the other. She deemed only fair to prioritize the ones that concerned the man that stood in front of her at that specific moment. Although, that worked well for her convenience, him being her boyfriend and all.

She watched as his head followed the stretchers carrying the patients past him, most of which were heavily injured deputies. His mind being obviously as busy as hers, she didn't want to pile more onto his plate. Yet, she still felt that urgent need to talk to him about whatever was pulling her whiskers.

She was so focused on Stiles, that she was able to drown out any and all the noises surrounding them. She wasn't distracted by the tumult caused by the medical staff racing time through the hospital hallways, to help as many souls as they were able to; neither was she distracted by the voices screaming for attention in her head. Thinking about it, she imagined that if she'd gotten a minute to breath, she'd have patted herself on the back for the control she'd gained over her banshee powers, despite the tight spot she found herself to be in those days.

She was so focused on him in fact, that she barely even noticed that they'd both stopped. She didn't realize it, but her body automatically stopped in response to Stiles halting in front of her to talk to someone.

"Where's Scott?" said Liam, his eyes shifting between Stiles and Lydia, as Hayden stood a few inches to his side.

"With his father, he'll be here in a few. So, you said you found a way to track the enemy?" said Stiles.

"Yeah, sort of... Well, Hayden did," Liam answered.

"What did you find?" Lydia's gaze flickered towards Hayden when she asked that question.

"Well, you already know that I have some sort of connection to berserkers, and earlier when I was out with Liam I... Felt them, I felt their presence. It was like they were calling out for me," said Hayden.

"Did you follow their trail?" Stiles asked.

"No, we thought it'd be better to talk about it first with you guys," said Liam.

"I still think it would have been a good idea to go find them first," said Hayden.

"Liam was right. For all you know, it could have been a trap. You did the right thing by coming back here," said Lydia.

"Besides, once we talk with the others, we will follow the berserkers' trace to check what it is about before making any plans. There is no need to put yourselves in danger without back up like that," Stiles added immediately after Lydia, emphasizing how much he agreed with Liam's approach and how dangerous it could have been for just the two of them to venture out, chasing a lead on their own.

The four of them stood there, undoubtedly going over what they'd just talked about seconds earlier. The silence was a comfortable one, they all seemed busy listening to their own inner voices. Although, they did shift around occasionally to not obstruct the passage in the corridor. Eventually, they just stuck their backs to the walls, unsure of where to cast their gazes.

Lydia's mind found its way back to the cranny it dug deep into before Liam and Hayden had gotten there, and her thoughts drifted towards Stiles once more. Everything around her that wasn't Stiles, was blurred out of her vision. Only that time, there was a difference. She was no longer walking behind him like she'd been doing a few minutes prior. No, she was standing right beside him for a change, "What is it?" he muttered her way.

"No, nothing," she immediately retorted when she snaped out of her daze, realizing he'd caught on to her stares.

"Lydia, I may not be a werewolf, but I can still tell when something is off with my girlfriend," he said.