Chapter 3: "I wanted you more tha a friend."

Chapter 3: "I wanted you more than a friend."

It's the fourth week of class. Elmer hasn't been able to see Kiara lately because of the increasing amount of schoolworks that the teachers have given him. It had gotten to the point that he got sick from staying up late at night just to do his homework.

Kiara doesn't care about anyone but elmer. She was concerned about him not showing up in the library so he tried to call him but he didn't answer.

While Elmer was lying in bed his phone rang and it was Kiara calling him, he grabbed his phone and answered it.

"Hey what happened to you for the past 6 days? It's the fourth week of your class idiot." She asked angrily. "Oh it's your Kiara! I didn't expect that you'd call me. Listen, I have a fever and I am not feeling well right now and I have these homeworks to pass. He replied. "You better take your rest or else.. i'l beat the shit out of you" she replied in an aggressive tone. "Chill Kiara! Your scary when your mad i see, but i promise i'l take care of myself and take my rest. He replied.

Kiara hung up the phone and put it on her desk and was still thinking about Elmer. Meanwhile Elmer was also thinking of her. He called his friend Mark, after a few tries he responded.

"Mark, I kinda need your help right now." He said. "What is it elmer? I got your back." He asked. "It's about Kiara. She called me earlier and I told her about my fever. Then she said she's concerned and that she'll beat me up if I don't take my rest. Why is she like this? He asked. "I think you may have formed a special bond with her, you changed her. From being a nonchalant girl to a caring one. I mean she may be nonchalant to others but to you she isn't and i think you're more than a friend to her Elmer. You're either Friends or.." Mark replied. "But the first time I met her she was nonchalant and didn't even care about me." Elmer replied. Mark then replied "Elmer people can change based on how you treat them." Elmer then replied "How?! Nonchalant people are usually the hardest one to approach. I guess my charisma is that good."

The two then kept discussing about Kiara and what her intentions and other things are.

Kiara's Pov:
"I must pay him a visit maybe after my shift, it's getting concerning how he isnt showing himself to me. He's usually very friendly and sometimes annoys me, he better take his rest or i am gonna scold him so much." Kiara planned to pay Elmer a visit, he waited for her shift to be over.

It was 4:00 pm and her shift was over and she packed her things, left his workplace and took a jeepney to Mabollo, a place where Elmer lives.

"Elmer i am on my way kid, i need to check up on you to ensure that you're okay and in good condition."

Elmer got up from his bed and walked towards the kitchen. In the kitchen he tried to cook rice for himself, his mom is not around and he needs to do everything himself. While he was waiting for the rice to cook he heard knocking on the door, then walked towards the door and opened it. When he opened it, it was Kiara.

"O...h..oh it's your kiara! What are you doing here?" He replied in a stuttering voice. "I told you to take your rest! Why did you get up? She replied. "Eh.. i was trying to cook rice then you knocked on my door, i thought it was mom but i was you." He replied. "Don't worry, I'll cook for you and stay with you. I asked my parents for permission." She replied.

Elmer tried to argue but he was then silenced by Kiara. She then went to the bathroom to change clothes, after that she went to the kitchen and opened her bag that contained ingredients and other things for cooking. She then started cooking food for elmer.

Kiara was done cooking and the two sat down to eat dinner. While they were eating Elmer started to ask Kiara something.

"Why did you do all of this?" He asked. "What do you mean by "this' '?' ' She replied. "Like you know coming here to check on me, cooking for me, and calling me because I didn't show up in the library." He replied. "Well i..I actually wanted you more than a friend." She replied truthfully.
"What do you mean by that?" He asked. "I actually liked you. I admire your kindness, your friendliness, I admire everything about you Elmer." She replied. "I also admired you Kiara. I didn't know when to confess but it was the right time. Kiara i also liked your kindness, you helped me with your homework and that's not all. You even helped me everyday." He replied.

The two kept talking and eating, when they were done the two then put the dishes in the sink and Kiara started washing them while Elmer waited for Kiara to finish. Kiara was done washing the dishes, she then told Elmer to take his medicine, after that Elmer layed down the bed and Kiara then laid down next to Elmer to sleep with him.

To Be Continued