𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓞𝓷𝓮

Ever since the day Emiko first heard about 'Sasuke Uchiha', she started noticing him a little more often. The two girls gossiping about him- Sakura and Ino, seemed to always obsess over him. In fact, everyone seemed to adore him.

Iruka Sensei valued him because he always topped in every assignment. Ino and Sakura valued his looks, but everyone else seemed to only feel bad for him because he has no family.

It was only Emiko who watched from the sidelines, wishing for more attention. All she had wanted was a friend, but no one seemed to care much about an extra like her. She didn't have cool ancestry like Sasuke- in fact, she didn't even know about her clan, since everyone was dead or gone.

Clearly, she felt jealous of Sasuke.

🎀

About 5 years later, Emiko had turned 12. She had graduated, but it was a bittersweet experience. Everyone's parents and guardians were there to be with their kids. Why were hers not there?

Emiko observed from a tree branch, sitting against the trunk as she sighed. There was some comfort for her though- now, Emiko was a certified Shinobi and a Genin! Maybe, when she became worthy and powerful enough, she'd be able to find her parents! Surely, they must've still been alive...right?

🎀
[Here is where the story really begins + Emiko's 1st person pov]

"Okay, class. Today, you will be put into ninja squads with different people. These are really important, since these are the people who'll stick with you for a long time." Iruka Sensei says this, smiling.

Throughout the entire selection, I felt sleepy. I didn't really pay attention, until I heard my name and jolted awake. Next to mine, I heard, "Sakura Haruno! Naruto Uzumaki! Sasuke Uchiha!"

Woah. At least I got an interesting squad, but this was going to be tedious. I didn't want to have to deal with Naruto's insane energy, Sakura's obsession with Sasuke and Sasuke getting all the attention.

Maybe it was possible that I was holding a not-so-tiny grudge against him for always getting attention from everyone. Still, I did feel bad for him. I mean, I could never imagine my (imaginary) older brother massacring my (probably) already dead clan.

A day later, when I walked inside our allocated classroom, I noticed some tension in the air. Did these guys have a small fight? Anyway, I did not want to get involved. It was too much of a hassle to worry about such things. Also, where was our Sensei?

As if right on cue, a man with spiky white hair waltzed in. He wore a black mask and seemed like the type to arrive 'fashionably late'. I noticed a questionable book in his hands
too as he said, "Why don't you introduce yourselves, everyone? Tell me what you like and dislike."

The suddenness of the situation caught me off guard. Suddenly, a cheerful and determined voice said, "I'm Naruto Uzumaki. I like cup ramen. But l like ramen at Ichiraku that Iruka-sensei bought for me even more. I hate the three minutes that I have to wait after I put ramen in hot water. My hobby is to eat and compare cup ramens! And my dream is to become greater than the Hokages! I'm going to make all the villagers recognize my existence."

I thought that was quite a reasonable introduction. I mean, I liked ramen too. Next, I heard Sakura introducing herself. She was the only girl in our group besides me, maybe I'd be friends with her.

She says, blushing, "I'm Sakura Haruno! I like...well, the person I like is..." She steals a glance at Sasuke. She couldn't continue further as Kakashi decided to cut her off and say 'next'.

Now, it was time for Sasuke to introduce himself. Coldly, he murmured, "My name is Sasuke Uchiha. I hate a lot of things and I don't particularly like anything. What I have is not a dream, because I will make it a reality. I'm going to restore my clan and destroy a certain somebody."

I blinked at him, a bit taken aback. This guy seemed like a real piece of work, especially so young. Sure, his clan got butchered, but it was still weird for me to see someone at 12 act so stoic and...'emo'. Eventually, it was my turn to introduce myself. In a normal, low tone, I say, "Hi, I'm Emiko Akisa. I like to sleep and my dream is to find a comfortable bed to sleep in forever. I don't really hate anything except insects."

I felt like I probably had the most normal introduction, considering I deliberately decided not to mention my real goal. Yawning, I almost fell asleep, while Kakashi Sensei started rambling on about some random mission's details...I felt way too tired to process anything.