Chapter 18

BAU Office, FBI Academy, Quantico Virginia 

Sierra was quiet trying to process everything she was just told. "So why were you on medical leave?" Alvez asked looking at Sierra who was still stunned. "I ended up having brain surgery..." she said casually. "Whose running the unit? please tell me I know our new unit chief," Sierra said as everyone looked toward Emily. 

"Really?!" Sierra asked excited and relieved, "Thank god, that's the only good news I've heard since I found out this one joined the team... Are there any more bomb shells anyone wants to drop?" Sierra asked half joking. The team was quiet for a moment, "Not unless you count this case we caught," Gracia replied. 

"Whoa, whoa, Hang on a second. Back up, rewind... You have brain surgery?" Alvez asked fully turning Sierra's chair to face him. "What the hell happened Rhodes?" he asked shocked by the news. "I got tackled out a second story window and hit my head too hard, my brain swelled, they opened my skull, the swelling went down, I healed and I'm back," Sierra replied looking at Luke. 

"Anyways... Larry and Wanda Greenson from Ramona, California Had been married for years. Found dead last night, in their backyard pool. Wanda was shot once in the chest. Larry was gagged and drowned with a cinder block tied to his chest." Garcia said starting to share the case. "Was anything stolen from the house?" Sierra asked turning her chair back to the table as she looked at the case on the tablets Garcia handed out. 

"Jewelry was missing from Wanda's vanity, this is the latest in a string of backyard pool murders. In Ramona over the last two weeks. "Victim number one, Ben Styles, 82 year old widower. He was found at the bottom of his pool. Tied to a cinder block like Larry Greenson. 6 days later, victim number two. Bert Schofield, divorced, lived alone. As you can see the same kind of awfulness," Garcia said. "Were their houses also burglarized?" JJ asked. "Yeah. Well, Ben Styles was. His coin collection was missing. I'm not sure about Bert Schofield," Garcia replied. 

"Local law enforcement has been treating these as burglaries gone wrong, but- the gone wrong part could've been easily avoided," Rossi said finishing what Prentiss was going to say. "Wheels up in 20," Prentiss said as the team got up from their seats and made their way out the door. "So other than brain surgery and medical leave, how have you been?" Alvez asked as they made their way out of the round table room. 

"Good, I got to spend some time with my brother. You'll also never believe who I saw when I was back in Chicago," Sierra said as she grabbed her go bag off her desk and started making her way towards the elevator with Alvez, JJ, and Reid. "That's good, and I have no idea," Alvez replied as she held the door open for Sierra. "Mouse and Halstead," she replied and they walked over to the elevator. "Really? how have they been?" Alvez asked, "Good, they're working with the CPD now," She replied. 

The elevator opened and the agents stepped inside, "When was the last time you two saw each other?" JJ asked looking between Rhodes and Alvez who had his arm around her. The two looked at each other, "a couple of years at least," Rhodes replied as the elevator door opened. 

The four agents stepped out of the elevator and made their way over to one of 2 federal SUVs. Prentiss ended up driving the SUV to the airport and the agent made their way to the BAU private jet before they took off towards Ramona California. 

BAU Private Jet 

"Reid, Rossi when we land I want you to go talk to the M.E, Alvez, Rhodes I want you to talk to the Greenson's family. They have an adult son who is waiting at the station for us," Prentiss told everyone halfway through the flight. 

The jet landed in California within 3 hours and Alvez, JJ, and Prentiss all made their way to the local police department. Where they'd be working their investigation out of. On the drive to the station, Sierra couldn't help but get a bad gut feeling something was wrong. The same feeling she got before she got badly injured on the job. 

Ramona Police Department, Ramona California 

The agents made their way into the police station, Alvez got both the SUV door and door to the police station for Sierra as they made their way inside. Something both JJ and Prentiss shared a silent look over. "Hello, you must be from the FBI. I'm Sherrif Parks, We have Mr. and Mrs Greenson waiting to talk to you in the break room over here. They're really torn up about this whole situation," Sherrif Parks said. 

Sierra looked over to the break room and her eyes widened and she had to stop her jaw from dropping to the floor. "I'll let you guys get to it," Sherrif Parks said before walking away as Sierra turned her back so it was facing the break room. "Rhodes, you okay?" JJ asked noticing the agents looked like she saw a ghost. "i can't go in there," she basically whispered. "Why? and why are we whispering?" Prentiss asked. 

Agent Rhodes nodded towards the door outside and Prentiss, Alvez, and JJ followed her outside and around to the other side of the SUV away from the door. Sierra put her face in her hands shaking her head. "you've gotta be joking me right now," she muttered to herself. "Rhodes, what's wrong?" Prentiss asked still keeping her voice low. Sierra sighed still rubbing her forehead, "i started kinda dating a guy I met a month ago." she started to say. "okay?" Jj asked confused. "Well he's sitting in there with his wife... which is news to me..." Sierra said stunned. 

The three agents went quiet and wide eyed, "Alvez and I will go talk to them," JJ said still stunned before the two walked away leaving Sierra and Emily. "Are you okay?" she asked Sierra who let out a shaky breath. "it is what it is... kinda feel worse for her," Sierra replied referring to Liam's wife. 

After a few minutes, agent Rhodes and Prentiss made their way back into the building as JJ and Alvez were finishing their interview and Liam made eye contact with Sierra who stared daggers back towards him. "Daddy!" a small voice said as two small children ran past Sierra and Emily and hugged Liam who practically ran out of the station with his wife and kids as Sierra took a seat in the conference room that was set up for them. 

Within the hour Rossi and Reid returned from the M.E's office and Sierra hadn't moved from her seat. How could he not see this? He's married and with kids. "Are you okay?" Alvez asked taking a seat next to Sierra as he set a coffee in front of her. "Not really, I never wanted to add home wrecker to the list of things I've done," she replied bluntly. 

The comment earned a wide eyed look from Rossi and Reid. "Did you know?" Alvez asked her, "Did I know what Luke?" She replied irritated. "Did you know he was married?" Alvez asked. Sierra sent him a dirty look, "No, I didn't know he was married and No I didn't know he had kids." she replied with a sigh. "Then you're not a homewrecker. He went out of his way to cheat on his wife, you just happened to be the woman he cheated with," Alvez replied. "Don't put his guilt on yourself," he added. 

Sierra sighed, "should I tell her?" she said looking at Alvez then Reid and Rossi. "That you slept with her husband? That probably isn't gonna go over very well," Rossi advised. "Wouldn't it make me just as bad as him if I didn't tell her that her husband's a dog? What she does with that information is up to her but at least she should know, right?" Sierra asked. "I don't know if that's a good idea," JJ said walking into the room with Prentiss. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you guys like this bombshell of a chapter again, I also wanted to say thank you for all the support <3 I'm hoping to have Chapter 19 out by next weekend at the latest (March 30th & 31st 2024), Chapter 19 could be posted sooner it just all depends on how much writing I can get done throughout the week. 

-Muskokagirl204