• t h i r t e e n •

IT WAS PAST MIDNIGHT, GRACE AND BOBBY HAD SNUCK DOWN TO THE KITCHEN

IT WAS PAST MIDNIGHT, GRACE AND BOBBY HAD SNUCK DOWN TO THE KITCHEN. HE WAS EATING ICE CREAM, WHILE GRACE ATE LEFTOVER PIZZA.

"So, you and John.." Bobby smirked at Grace, who raised an eyebrow at him. "Oh, come on!"

"What?" Grace raised her hands in defence.

"What was it you said to Rogue? That I was crazy for her. Newsflash, John is crazy about you!" Bobby pointed his spoon to Grace, who blushed. "And by the way your face lit up, you like him, too."

"Shut up!" Grace playfully pushed him. "Me and John, we're-" Grace stopped talking when she saw Logan in the doorway. "Hey."

"Does anyone sleep around here?" Logan asked, walking into the kitchen.

"Apparently not." Bobby said with a mouth full of ice cream.

Logan looked down at the pizza on the plate, and Grace shrugged her shoulders. "I was hungry." He glanced at Bobby. "Bobby said he'd be my bodyguard."

"Believe me, kid. You do not need a bodyguard." Logan looked around the kitchen.

"And if she did, then John would have offer." As Bobby spoke, Grace turned to him and slapped his arm. "Ow!"

"Got any beer?" Logan asked, opening the fridge.

"Dude, this is a school." Grace said in a 'duh' attitude. Logan turned back and frowned at her. "There's some soda in that small cupboard."

Grace sat back up beside Bobby, watching Logan grab a bottle of soda. He unscrewed the lid and before taking a sip, he looked at the bottle and then to Bobby. Bobby leaned over and grabbed the bottle. He blew on the top and turned it ice cold.

"How long you been here?" Logan asked Bobby.

"Couple years." Bobby shrugged his shoulders.

"And your parents just sent you off to mutant school?" Logan looked at Grace and they chuckled.

"Actually, my parents think this is a prep school." Bobby pushed the tub of ice cream away from him.

"I suppose a lot of prep schools have their own dorms, campuses-"

"Jets." Grace interrupted Logan's list.

In the TV room, Jones was sitting on the couch, laughing to himself. He blinked and the TV changed the channel. Behind him, a figure slowly descended from the ceiling and quietly stood on the ground. Jones saw the reflection on the TV screen. He slowly and nervously turned around to see a man standing back at him.

Dressed in black, form-fitting battle gear, his face was completely covered. He eerily waved to Jones. Jones got off the couch, and walked towards him. He stopped and looked up. A rope was dangling from the open skylight. The man didn't move, he just looked at Jones curiously.

He methodically held up a gun and aimed it directly at the young mutant's head. Jones took a step back when he got hit and fell to the floor.

A dozen soldiers rushed up both staircases and into the upstairs hallway. They quickly dispersed, two soldiers entering each room.