Chapter 3- Getting Somewhere?

Levv heard the faint noise of birds chirping and suddenly felt a warm breeze, it felt very warm for being underground. Levv disregarded it and continued to try and get comfortable. He felt it again . . . He got up stretching, and opened his eyes. "AAHHH!!" Lucifer was there, staring directly into his eyes. Levv quickly backed away from him. "You sleep really weird Levv." He said, smiling. He got up and pressed his hand up to the roof of and lifted himself up only with one hand. Lucifer was standing upside down on the top of the cave. He picked up Kiki and sat up.

Levv looked up at him concerned. "HOW ARE YOU DOING THAT?" Lucifer looked down at him and crouched on the roof. "Oh this, I've always been able to do this, it's normal for me actually. " He smiled. Levv continued to stare at him for a minute then looked in his book bag and pulled out some dog food he had for Kiki. He opened up the pack catching Lucifer's attention, and poured some into his hand.

"What's that?" Lucifer asked curiously. "It's Kiki's food." He said. "It's not for you though." Levv said.

Lucifer watched Kiki eat the food from his hand. "Okay " He said, still watching her eat. Lucifer reached his hand out to pet Kiki, but she responded with a growl and bite that missed instead. He quickly jerked his hand back. "Oh, you still don't like me huh?'' Lucifer paused. ''THAT'S OK! You just need to get to know me! Then we can be friends?'' Lucifer waited for a response. "Does it not talk?" He asked, looking back up at Levv. "It's a dog. Dog's don't talk." "Oh," Lucifer said, looking outside.

"HEY LEVV!" Lucifer said, excitedly. "I GOT YOU SOME FOOD WHILE YOU WERE ASLEEP LAST NIGHT!" Lucifer got off the roof and walked over to a little hole covered by leaves. He reached his arm down there and pulled out . . . a dead rabbit. "Lucifer . . . DID YOU KILL THAT RABBIT?!" Lucifer backed away, realizing what he did. "I'M SORRY! I DIDN'T MEAN TO HURT THE RABBIT! IT JUST HAPPENS-" Levv looked at him for a moment, in fear. But the more he looked at him, the more he felt bad for him. He got up and sighed. "It's okay," Levv said, consoling Lucifer. "Sometimes things you can't control just . . . happens. I understand if it's not your fault." Lucifer put down the rabbit and sat down. Lucifer looked at it and felt a very bad feeling about what he did, even if Levv said it was okay. Lucifer rubbed the rabbit's fur and picked up its head. "I'm sorry." He whispered to the rabbit as he brought it closer to him, and gently hugged it.

Levv looked outside. "I'm going to find Kadence." "Your friend?" Lucifer said, getting up. "Can- Can you take me with you . . . I . . I don't want to be here alone . . . not anymore." Levv looked at him, then thought for a moment. "You can come with me, Lucifer. Just . . . as long as you keep yourself from killing something else." "I mean- I can try . . .'' Lucifer said, walking closer. Levv squeezed through the cave's entrance and waited for Lucifer. Lucifer got out and stood beside him. "Lucifer . . . do you have any idea where he could be?" "I- I don't know . . .'' Lucifer said, looking around. "But, I promise to help you find your friend." "Thank you." Levv said.

"I think I might know the way up." Lucifer said, climbing up a steep path of rocks. He got some way up then reached out for Levv's hand. He pulled him up and continued up the path. The further up they got, the warmer it felt. They got closer to the surface and they could see some light shining through. Levv and Lucifer looked around. It was a dead end. "Now what?" Lucifer said. "We find our way out." Levv responded. Levv put his book bag down and started to look around. Kiki hopped out of it and explored too, she sniffed the ground and looked at Lucifer multiple times. She soon caught on to what they were doing and started looking around too, she sniffed some of the rocks and tried to find a way out too.

Kiki walked around some more and sniffed, she started to pick up something . . . it was a very faint smell of food . . . it urged Kiki to find some way out of the cave. She ran over to a tiny hole in the cave and sniffed, "YES!" She thought. "THIS SMELL IS DEFFINETLY COMING FROM OUTSIDE!" She ran back and went around a corner. The smell got a little stronger, then she found it. She got to an opening of the cave where the little lights came though. The hole was very narrow, but Levv and Lucifer would be able to fit through it just fine. She ran back to Levv and pulled at his pants. He looked down at her barking and grabbed his book bag.