Chapter 8- Lucifer's Mission

He walked in trying to act normal, well, not really normal. Sort of, his kind of normal . . .

He walked in saying hi to almost everyone he encountered to try and find Levv. "HI! HELLO! HAVE. YOU. SEEN. MY. FRIEND?" He would say loudly. They would often run away before he could even describe Levv to them. But with his very important mission, he continued.

He would often get a little too close, or talk a little too loud. Sometimes he even ran at people with his hand up, making them think he was going to hit them. After the hours passed he realized he wasn't really getting anywhere with this "smart" plan he had. He just decided to go back to his room and wait for him instead. He got to the door of the hall to walk out. But when he opened the door a smaller person tried to walk in, "AHH!" She screamed, stepping back. "Sorry," she said, going around him, "I didn't know you were coming out. You're really tall, you scared me." "Sorry," he said back. He was about to leave when he decided to try and ask again, but in a more soft and kind tone this time. "Umm, you haven't happened to see a boy- UHH I MEAN- GIRL! With pink hair around right?" He asked. "Oh I have, really pretty too."
The girl said. "OH REALLY!? THANK YOU! WHERE DID THEY GO?"

"Oh, she went out to the gardens with someone else." "Thank you," Lucifer said, turning around. He was about to leave until he smelt the food . . . the very delicious food. Almost as if he seemed to forget about what he was doing before, he turned back around and walked back up beside the girl from before. "Umm," he said, walking with her, "I think I want some food . . ." She smiled and walked with him to the tables of food that were placed for them. He grabbed a little bit of everything and followed the girl. She sat at a table and he sat at a different one. He was enjoying every bit of it until he heard faint sniffles. He turned to look at what it was, but no one else seemed to hear what he did, so he kept eating.

He heard it again, over and over again. Then it was clear to him. It was faint crying, a female in fact.

He turned to see it was the girl from before, except she didn't have her bubbly personality anymore.

She had curled her arms up to hide her tearful face. Lucifer thought of getting up, until he heard more voices, nasty ones at that.

" Look at her, no wonder why she's so fat! "

" If she keeps that up she won't even be able to fit in her own dress anymore! "

" Look at how she eats her food . . . like a pig . . . "

"SHE'S SO FAT . . . . "

Lucifer watched the girl suddenly get up, she threw her food away and walked out, her tears were covering the lower half of her face now. The people watching her snickered as she ran out. Lucifer felt something, something he has never felt before a feeling of sadness for someone else. As if he had also felt her own worries, her sadness, her pain. . . and it only got worse the more he sat . . .

Until he couldn't bear that feeling any longer, he got up abruptly, leaving his food and following her out. He watched her go around a corner and followed. He turned the corner only to find . . . nothing.

He looked around again, " No, she can't just be gone . . ." He said. He heard the crying again, this time from a small corner, under a table she fit herself in. He walked up to her slowly and bent down. " Hello, " he said, putting his hand on her shoulder. She turned almost with a scared look to her eyes. " Oh, it's you . . '' She said, looking back down. " Umm, what's your name? " He asked, crouching down, to look at her. " Meav. " She said, hiding her face. "I- I saw what happened, " he said, curling up next to her. " You know, I actually think you're very pretty tho . . . " he said, moving a strand of hair in her face. He smiled.

She looked up at him with her eyes almost glowing like his. "Thank you . . ." she said, leaning on him.

"You're welcome," he said, smiling at her again.

"Come on, get out of that corner. After all beauty is much more beautiful in the light right?" He said, picking her up and out of the table. He continued to wipe her tears too. He could see her clearly now, with her light blue glowing eyes gazing back at him in awe; her fall brown skin, and long curly white hair, almost touching the ground, even with her in his arms. She was dawned with a long soft pink dress, with black ribbons too. They locked eyes with each other, gazing at what almost felt like forever . . .

" See you are beautiful . . . " Lucifer said . . .