Chapter 1- This Isn't Earth . . .

Levv got out of bed for school like usual. His phone woke him up with its annoying ringtone and he picked it up to text Kadence, "u awake?" He waited a bit for a response. "Yeah," he responded. Levv texted him again, "Alr, I'll see u at my house." He walked to his door. He opened it to see his dog Kiki sitting at the door. She looked up at him as he petted her head. He walked around her and went to the bathroom. He brushed his teeth, took a bath and walked out. He got out and quickly went to put on his clothes so he could meet up with Kadence before school started. He put on his shoes and backpack. Levv walked back to his room, to get his necklace that his mom gave to him. He cherished it a lot and he promised he wouldn't lose it. He walked back out of his room, still in a rush. Levv quickly walked throught his house and passed his mom."Levv, where are you going this early in the morning? School starts in two hours." Levv looked at her, "I'm going to meet Kadence."

"Ohh, your boyfriend, ok." His dad walked in too, having heard their conversation. " Just make sure you both still have time to get to school." "Thanks dad," he said, quickly putting his lunch in his backpack, and pouring out Kiki's food in her bowl. Levv walked outside and locked the door behind him. "AHH!" He turned around to see Kadence already standing behind him. "Kadence, you scared the heck out of me!" Kadence looked at him in a funny way. "You took kind of a long so I came to you." He said, laughing. He also had his dog Luna with him. She walked up to Levv and sniffed him intensely. Levv kneeled and scratched the back of her ear. "You wanna go for a walk?" Kadence said. "Sure, why not?" Levv said, smiling.

Levv walked down the stairs along with Kadence. Levv walked up to the gate in front of his house. It was tall, and it didn't have any sort of way to see anything over it. It was like a wall. There was only the opening in the driveway you could walk out of. Levv was always careful when walking out of it, because it was right next to the road. Kadence continued walking to the gate and passed Levv. "WAIT!" Levv said, pulling him back by his book bag. Levv peeked out the gate for a moment, first left then right- "AHH!" A truck suddenly passed by, but Levv managed to see it coming before he crossed. "See?" Levv turned to Kadence. "That truck is always trying to kill somebody." And Levv and Kadence safely crossed the street. "WATCH WHERE YOU DRIVE!" Kadence yelled as the truck continued to drive off.

They walked for a while, up and down their neighborhood and talked. Levv always talked to Kadence, and Kadence always talked to Levv. That was what brought them together. Because they knew they would always have someone who could understand them and support them, someone who would still love them regardless of who they were. Levv and Kadence got to a little grass area and laid in it. It was warm and quite cozy too. "Levv, I wish I had parents like yours." Levv looked at him. "They actually love and care about you, even if you're queer. Unlike mine. . ." He whispered under his breath. He continued. "My parents don't support me the way yours do. I don't wanna be here anymore." Levv was confused. "What do you mean by, you don't wanna be here anymore?"

Kadence looked over and started petting Luna. "I mean, don't you ever feel like leaving the world, like . . . ugh . . . I don't know. I just hate life in general; everything in it. Not you or your family, just . . . *sigh* I don't know how to explain it. It's just that everyone else seems to actually enjoy their lives and get along with everyone, meanwhile my life is full of crap like my parents arguing." "Kadence don't say stuff like that!" Levv said, sitting up. "I understand what you are trying to say, but never say something like that . . ." "Sorry," Kadence said, looking back at Levv. Levv got up, "Come on, we have to walk to school."

"I'll see you there, I have to walk Luna back home first." "Ok!" Levv said, picking up his backpack and walking off. He walked for a while and made it to school, with Kadence already there. "Kadence . . . HOW DID YOU GET HERE SO FAST!?" "Oh, I took the back way." "Ok, when school is over you need to show me that shortcut." Levv said, excited. They walked through the school and went to their separate classes. Levv didn't have any actual friends, just people who would talk to him occasionally. He would often get weird looks from other students, because a few weeks ago they found out about him and Kadence's relationship and it spread around pretty quickly. "That's high school for you I guess." He thought.