Chapter 5

Nat asked, "What did Sharon do to her?"

Steve said, "She isn't allowed near me, Tony, or Erika. That's all you need to know."

He had to try and salvage some of his daughter's privacy. Yes, the team would need to know about her, now that she had been exposed to everyone. Steve and Tony had tried to keep her safe, and that meant away from the Avengers. They told her about her aunts and uncles, but they didn't want their line of work to reach her, in case the enemy decided to retaliate. Bucky and Bruce had been the only ones allowed around her since she was a baby, though the Attack on New York had exposed her to Thor and Nat, but they hadn't figured out that Erika was Steve's little girl.

Sam looked at Steve for a moment before piecing together why the super soldier and Tony were upset with long-term missions and said, "One of you always stay behind so that you can protect her in case Sharon breaks the restraining order."

"If they can't," Bucky added, "I stay with her. Erika doesn't do alone time well."

Thor asked, "Why is that?"

Bucky was getting irritated at all the questions. "My niece just doesn't like to be alone, especially not with women."

Steve sighed, seeing how hurt the ladies were at the news and replied, "It's because Sharon used to beat and starve her."

Bucky rounded on his best friend. "Steve! This should be up to Erika!"

Nat tried to fight the devastation washing through her as she whispered into her clasped hands, "Бедный маленький Воробей - Poor little Sparrow."

"She's so strong, doll." Bucky went to her and put his hands on her shoulders. "She reminds me of you in many ways."

Nat looked up at him. "She shouldn't have to be strong."

"I know," he pulled her into his arms, "but Steve's her father. She's stronger than we know."

Erika walked and grumbled, "Do you know how loud you are?"

Steve looked at her. She didn't look upset, but it was clear that Erika knew they had been talking about her. She just looked annoyed that her nap had been interrupted.

"Sorry, princess," Steve said. "Papa's ordering the cheeseburgers now."

Erika smiled, sat on the couch, and put her feet up on the table. Steve knocked them down as he moved to sit next to her. They shared a small chuckle as he wrapped his arm around her.

Nat looked at Steve as she replied, "But Tony is the-"

"You heard me," the billionaire said as he walked in, his phone glued to his ear. "Yes, it's real. And it's for the Avengers. Bye."

As Tony hung up, Erika asked, "Buying out another Burger King, pops?"

Tony smiled and sat down on her other side as a confused Nat inquired, "I'm sorry, but since when did Rogers and Stark start dating?"

"About fifteen years ago," Erika answered, "a week after I was born." Okay, so she was off on the time by a few months, but she was practically fifteen. "I thought you were a spy. Did Uncle Bucky distract you?"

Nat rounded on her super soldier. "James Buchanan Barnes!"

Bucky muttered, "I'm in trouble now."