CH 3

"Here we are

"Here we are." Mr Chang exclaims as he opens the door that showcases a room much bigger than Taehyung had expected.

"This is my office?" The secretary asks in uncertainty.

"Yes. All yours." The elder chuckles.

As Taehyung hurriedly enters his office with a stack of papers, he stumbled over his own feet, sending the papers flying in all directions,as if autumn leaves falling across the ground on some sunny afternoon.

The clumsy demeanor earns a sympathetic smile from Mr Chang as he helped pick up the scattered documents.

"S-sorry." Taehyung mutters sheepishly, fingers frantically trying to catch up the mess.

In minutes,both the males places the files on the table,the almond eyes scanning the room underneath the thick frame.

"Well, you are the CEO's assistant and you do get some preference here. That's a reason why your office room is so big and the door at the left leads to CEO's office. You can assume yourself as a gatekeeper. Anyone who comes in must see you before Jungkook. Nobody is allowed to just enter the CEO's room without your permission unless it's me."

Taehyung blinks at the statement.

"T-that's it? A gatekeeper?"

"Oh no no young man. You do have a bunch of works as well. But that depends on Jungkook what he wants you to serve. Make sure to portray your proficiency the next time you meet him. You'll learn as you go. He's actually kind and soft inside."

"Okay....then." The younger bows, expecting the other to leave.

"Onething Taehyung. Um, your sir might appear arrogant sometimes but that's what keeps him running a billion dollar company and being on top of workers twice older than him. You must be very patient to handle him. I think I saw that in you during the interviewing process,you mentioned having a fighter mentality and a strong aggression. That's what the company needs, Jungkook needs."

Taehyung nods repeatedly, attempting to look focussed.

"And don't make him disappointed at you. I'm tired of conducting interviews and hiring secretaries every week. Better meet your sir now and create a tidy impression this time. My office is at the opposite end of the hallway. If there's a confusion, come and meet me. "

The man left, leaving the mafia in a daze.

'So.... Jungkook Jeon it is.'

Straightening his back muscles, Taehyung made his way towards CEO's office. His steps were purposeful yet tinged with a hint of nervousness as his thrilled mind couldn't help but feel a mix of excitement and apprehension about his new role as the CEO's secretary.

Possessing a strong sense of smell, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee wafting through the air  distracted him and the almond eyed immediately takes a cup of steaming cup from the staff's trays.