CH 5

"Yes

"Yes. It's a big fat company and we can pull a lot from it. Unless I have control on his bank account and hack his transactions, there's no benefit in taking down his life."

"Mr Kim?"

Taehyung looks straight up with wide eyes, slightly surprised at the familiar voice.

Turning back, he finds his boss curiously eyeing him. Big doe eyes fixed at the cigarette in his hand.

'Shit! Did he hear me?'

The younger suddenly starts stepping forward adding to the elder's confusion.

The faint aroma of smoke lingers in the air, adding to the tension between them. With each step Jungkook takes, the atmosphere grows more charged, leaving Taehyung on edge, wondering what consequences might be awaiting him.

Jungkook grimaces as he stops, half a metre away from Taehyung , staring at him in questioning eyes.

"What makes you smoke?"

Taehyung shrugs, "My habit I guess?"

"Answer my question, Mr Kim."

Taehyung freezes at the cold rage. Being a son of a Mafia and growing up to be one in the underworld, getting rebuked was the least thing he's acquinted to. Not even his father questioned his actions till the date.

"Sorry sir." He squeaks out meekly, tilting his head down.

"Did I ask you to apologise?"

"No sir."

"Did I ask you to smoke?"

"Uh, no."

"Then shouldn't I fire you?"

The almond orbs widen at the question,not really sure of what he should reply. He hates it. Hates working under someone, being under the authority of anything that's not himself, serving others instead of ordering around. I mean,this is what he's meant to do. To rule,not to serve.

The younger sighs at the silence.

"Rule number one, Mr Kim. You ain't doing anything unless I tell you to. I'm your boss and the owner of the company you are working under. And I don't allow smoking, understand?"

The Mafia nods hesitantly at the man's words.

"And yes, you can't smoke after your duty either. I shouldn't get this smell of ashes from your suit next time."

"Yes sir."

And then, without a warning, the ravenette swiftly takes the cigarette from Taehyung's hand and crushes it under his heel.

"I don't want a tall and fit man to die by thirty five, specially if he's my employee."

And that's all the CEO presented for his actions before getting back to his car which his secretary followed.