ห้า ┃ 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙣'𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙡

𝓯𝓲𝓿𝓮: 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓿𝓮𝓷'𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓮𝓵

    This was a completely new experience for him. First time out in public, Veer was excited to explore new things. He was never out before. Although he traveled along with his father, he wasn't allowed to leave his room until' Amal returned. So this was indeed a moment to cherish for him.

But something wasn't right.

❝What's wrong, Bantu?❞ Veer asked, making the boy halt in his steps. The moment they both stepped out in the open, Veer could sense the uneasiness radiating off the elder male.

❝You seem tense. What's bothering you?❞ He asked, his innocent eyes glancing up at Bantu's glass framed one as the male was slightly taller than him.

Bantu looked back at him, licking his lower lip in anxiousness. He parted his lips to say something, to lie, to assure the younger one but something inside him restrained him to do so.

❝You're making me worry.❞ Veer mumbled, his light hazel eyes shimmering as the drowning sun's rays reflected on them.

❝Veer.❞ After finally making up his mind, Bantu held the younger from both of his shoulders.
❝If I tell you to do something, will you do it?❞ He asked, his voice tense but also serious. Veer stared in slight uncertainty but nodded, nevertheless.

❝When I tell you to run — then run. And don't look back. Do you understand?❞ Veer blinked his eyes, remaining still.
❝Run and don't look back. Do you get it?❞ He finally nodded. An unease rush of nerves flowing through his body.

Bantu sighed, stepping back from the boy who gulped in nervousness. Keeping his eyes still and hands curled in a ball on either of his sides, Bantu gulped the lump forming in his throat.

This was for the best. He told himself before slowly parting his lips again and forcing himself to speak out — to yell.

❝RUN—!❞

And Veer was sprinting off. The road less crowded and unfamiliar. The boy didn't dare to glance back. He just let his legs take him anywhere they wanted to.

In no time, the last life of the day died down as the darkness engulfed the half part of the world. Veer ignored the tears streaming down his face. He ignored the tight spasming of his chest. He ignored the rattling thunder up above his head. The lightening struck before slowly the rain started sizzle down, soaking his frame.

He didn't know where he was going. It was dark and cold due to rain but it didn't matter to him. The only thing that kept ringing in his ear was Bantu's words. The voice, that kept telling him to run and so what he kept doing. He kept running.

…until' a light blinded his eyes through the darkness and he was gone.

    ❝I’ve a hunch you're gonna bump into the love of your life on your way back home.❞ If it was some other day, Shivaay would have been laughing hysterically at what Arman has said before they parted their ways. But not today.

Shivaay was peacefully enjoying his night ride under the rain when all of a sudden something or more like someone appeared out of nowhere, right in front of his bike. He managed to turned it right on time, not hitting whatever appeared in front of him.