Nativity of "Rasasvada"

"Destiny is decided by karma"
[1947 -12 March]

it had been more than seven years since he left her but still, vermilion on her head remained which was illuminating her young age. Her voice was accentuated by authority and enunciation, her long Stygian hair was instructed into a traditional braid and her creased saree was her persona.

The girls were frantically going back to their dwell, and Satrupa was tenser than Jhoom [because she was afraid of her sister-in-law]. Why they are tense?

Heading to the bazaar through the village was a regular pastime for them, where they explored various aspects such as visiting places of worship, sampling sugarcane, raw mango, and tamarind from each other's fields, and engaging in stone-throwing challenges at a pond. The sight of a mannequin in a dress intrigued them, while the bangles mirrored their colour in Satrupa's eyes.

When they reached Satrupa's dwell, her sister-in-law was sitting on the threshold of dwell, she began to confront them, question them and taunt them "Such young women do not venture out of their homes, as, otherwise, they might run away like Dhairya did." She instructed the chores. Chachi was listening to Padmini's words, made her way to Satrupa and Solace and apologised for Padmini's words. But Satrupa said with affection "Dear aunt, you are like a mother to me, and she is like a sister-in-law, it's not a problem, I shouldn't have gone myself, because of me, even Jhoomtala had to hear scolding..."

When Satrupa was an infant, she lost her parents as they were grasped in the arms of a tuberculosis. Kuldevi Patel was a widowed servant, the Upaadhyay broke the stereotype of the "bad omen of Vidwa[widow]" and made her their family member. After the demise of Upaadhyay's dominant, kuldevi began looking for work ( no other family member was there in the Upaadhyay family) and that's when she met the Padma Rauat in Chitral as Kuldevi lived in Lahore

Padma Rauat was not affluent but bourgeois, she was mean and sometimes rude, and she was the mother of Shukman Rauat.

Shukman had an arrogant demeanour, maybe due to his father's demise or confinement of money. But when Satrupa turned fifteen, she married off to Shukman Rauat [but, farewell did not take place due to her age and incapable to work]. Being in a state of British India, Shukman had to leave his family to serve in the war (World War 2 as the British government, promised every Indian who served, to pay for their presence)

Being raised in a self-made traditional environment, Satrupa was in a veil and Shukman's countenance was covered by "sehra." So they never saw each other.

Satrupa typically inquired about the motive behind residing in a long-distance relationship, consistently keeping a lookout for the anticipated letter from Shukman, only to be faced with the disappointment of an empty mailbox. Chachi seeing this, used to cry and on her inquiry, she used to say "he is Krishna Bhakt, so he will never leave you mid-way."

Because of Satrupa's youth, she places trust in Chachi and her absent spouse. Jhoomtala, a naive girl, possesses the ability to read and write, with her impoverished background being highlighted. It was in the palace where she was employed that she acquired these skills.

One day, an Inauspicious incident boomed out, Chachi kuldevi Patel left Satrupa in the cruel world and settled in paradise.
[One week before the death of Kuldevi, a letter came in the name of Satrupa, what does the letter state, no one knows. But when Kuldevi took the letter to Jhoomtala and when Jhoomtala read the letter and explained. Her heart was occupied by a heart attack. After one week she left However, Jhumtala was unaware of the identity for whom the character had arrived, as the aunt had removed the name]

11 days later [25 March], Bhaiya and Bhabhi ousted Satrupa with her stuff, and her bhaiya dropped her at the railway junction.

Lahore to Chitral.

*********