butterfly pendant- choi beomgyu

' You knew that things had drifted down to the pit, a ball of snow cramped into a massive avalanche, ready to hit you, sitting alone by the end of the mountain.

It was starting to get pitiful. You. '

Amaia was once a harmonious land before raided and destroyed by a power-crazed human named Lenox. He took away innocent children and stole thousands of homes. The elders were slaughtered as sacrifices he made to the Devil to gain more power and rule the whole universe. Women's agony cries haunting in every corner of the place, dragged and tossed around like they were some kind of rag dolls; and it was an understatement as even rag dolls being handled so gently by people.

L/n Y/n, you were the only daughter of both your parents, living in a small village called Sylvia. You were just a little girl when you met your reserved and charming friend, Beomgyu. He lived next door with his mother and had a chestnut-shaped face. Despite your fondness for him, people never really liked him and you could not understand the reasons. Your friends would make you believe stupid stories of how the brown-haired boy had gone delirious.

Because he was once taken away by Lenox when he was a baby, and instead of receiving his lifeless little body, he came back spotless after 10 years. No wound, not even a sign of trauma.

You never talked to him much but you could still feel a certain connection between you two, or so you thought.

Both of you were 16 years old when Beomgyu was taken away again.

" Do you think Lenox will find us, Beomgyu? "

You were there under the bright moon with him. You still remember the dirt on his face as he just brawled with some other kids in the flower field. He was protecting you from those rascals who were trying to pick up a petty fight.

" There is no place in Amaia that Lenox will spare, Y/n. He is not a human. He is a monster. Monsters don't spare nice things in the world. "

" He takes children with him. I'm scared.... "

He had been staring at you by the time you cried. You had to admit that you were such a crybaby. It was embarrassing to have someone seeing you weeping but it was different if it was Beomgyu with you.

You two never talked much but the indescribable amount of comfort he radiated around him broke your tough girl wall, slowly allowing you to feel weak a little. He was present with you despite his lack of words, but from his eyes, you knew he was always there.

The thought of being taken away from your parents disturbed you. The thought of not being able to have your friends around to play.

The thought that Lenox might take Beomgyu again.

" Y/n. " He reached for your hand and you stopped crying for a while.

His knuckles were bleeding from the fight. Your trembling fingers dabbed your dress fabric on the wounds lightly, biting your lips to refrain from crying more.

" Let's stop him once we are older. Let's learn how to fight so we can defeat Lenox. "

" But I'm scared... " You put your forehead on his shoulder.