Kamal i - Hueningkai Kamal

" Can you tell me your name? "

You stopped nipping on your nail and glanced at the man. You squint your eyes in suspicion and put your finger to your lips.

" I can tell you my name... But he might hear me. "

The man smiled amused. " Who is he here? "

You shrugged, looking around the room uninterested. " He can be anything. He can be a she. Tell me doctor, do you know that the devil has so many shapes? In any shape they can take in, they seduce you. "

" They can be beautiful too... "

The man jotted down something as you turned and looked at the door.

" Y/n? "

" Huh? " You snapped out of your thoughts.

The doctor sighed and stood from his chair. You watched the chair swivel as he approached you, his eyes seemed to dart to the door.

" Y/n is your name now? " His composure changed slightly and he jotted down a note on his paperboard.

" Isn't it always been? "

He stayed quiet and handed out his hand to you.

" Come with me, Y/n. " He spoke softly.

" Okay. "

You walked with the man next to you. The row of rooms you had walked past made you dizzy. Everything inside this building is repetitive. You grew sick of it.

" Do you remember telling me about Yeonjun? "

Your eyes glistened when he was mentioned.

" Of course. He was my fiance. "

" So, do you remember- "

" It was the second of October. " You stated. " We just said goodnight and everything went burning. "

The cracking sound from the burning woods taunt you as you stand outside helplessly. Inside, you could hear a man screaming for help, his cries pleaded for you to reach out to grab his hand by the window.

But you couldn't do anything.

It felt right to do so although your heart hurt immensely.

Within you, you could feel another presence. Dark cloud over your head, gazing with a smirk at you.

It whispered,

" The neverending punishment until you wither to death alone. "

You shook your head.

" The devil killed him. " You breathed. " I saw it. "

The doctor put his hand behind your back, softly pushing you to keep walking.

" I remember it said..."

You were crying by yourself, hiding in the bush away from people. They were trying to put out the blazing fire. You could hear Yeonjun's mother crying out for him.