• s i x t e e n •

GRACE AND LOGAN WALKED DOWN THE SPILLWAY CORRIDOR

GRACE AND LOGAN WALKED DOWN THE SPILLWAY CORRIDOR. THE CAME UPON THE RUN-OFF TUNNELS, AND PEERED INTO THE ONE ON THE RIGHT. NO SIGN OF WATER. THEY CAUTIOUSLY PROCEEDED INSIDE.

"Stryker!" Grace's shout echoed through the massive tunnel.

"It's us!" Logan shouted. "Wolverine and Maverick!"

They walked further into the tunnel, still no sign of water. Above them, a small video camera in the shadows watched Logan and Grace approach.

In the control room of the base, a bored guard looked up to see Logan and Grace on one of the monitors. "What do you want me to do?" He asked a soldier.

"Flood it."

The guard reached for the button and was about to press it when Stryker walked in. "Wait." Stryker looked over his shoulders to the monitor. "Are they alone?"

"Yes, sir."

"Send a team and bring them to me in the north corridor." Stryker was about to leave the room, when he looked back at the soldier and guard. "And cover her eyes."

In front of Logan and Grace, a section of the wall opened and six soldiers emerged, rifles up. Behind them, another wall opened and six more soldiers appeared. Grace and Logan were surrounded. "Don't move! Hands in the Air!"

Oddly, the pair of them surrendered. One of the guards got what looked like a balaclava and covered Grace's face.

They were led down a corridor by the twelve soldiers, arms and feet shackled, guns raised to their heads. Stryker waited for them at the end. As he approached Logan, staring him closely in the eyes, his cocky grin on his face suddenly faded. "Who do you think you're looking at?"

"Sir?" The soldier looked puzzled.

"You do such a good impression on video." Stryker told Logan. "But in person..."

He lifted the gin to Logan's head, finger on the trigger, when Logan quickly transformed into Mystique. Her arms, now thinner, slipped front he shackles, as do her legs and feet. She wrapped the shackles around Stryker's gun, ripping it away and knocking him to the wall.

Grace, still blindfolded, turned the shackles she's tied up in, into a liquid and was free. She quickly grabbed the balaclava off her head and could see. She manipulated two knives into her hands, throwing them at two soldiers, piercing them through the shoulders.

Instantly, two other guards fired, but Grace used her forcefield, letting the bullets bounce off it and shot the guards. Another guard whipped out a pistol, but Mystique hit his arm as he fired, and BOOm! The bullet pierced a nearby pope.

Steam shot out, filling the corridor. Stryker stood and tried to see through the steam. Mystique and Grace were gone. Stryker stormed out, with a guard following.

Alarms blared as the only guard left in the control room, leapt out of his chair, scanning the monitors. On the monitor, Stryker walked quickly through the hallway with Grace beside him.