Static Laughs

After what felt like hours Vox finally made it back to his penthouse, still ruminating about the events that happened mere minutes ago.

As he was walking through the expansive hallway, he couldn't calm down, his heart was still racing and his breathing was becoming out of control. Suddenly he felt a warm hand on his shoulder, Vox whipped his head around to see his lengthy moth-like partner Valentino.

"What's wrong my little estàtico?~" Val said with flirtatious intent.

Vox rolled his eyes "Not now Val, I'm not in the mood." He spat with obvious distaste.

"You're shaking like a hoja, got to say it's not a very sexy look for you Vox mm~" Val groaned. He made his way around Vox and continued his way down the hallway to the stairs, "Well whatever you're worrying about it's your kink, not mine...though I do suggest the next time you're this shaken up it should be from our... fornication~" Val whispered, then smirked as he swayed his hips up the stairs, leaving Vox stupefied at the bottom of the stairway.

Before he could think any further about the lustful interaction the steel double doors behind him slammed open making Vox flinch at the unexpected intrusion."Aww was the piss baby trying to make you feel better?" A chipper feminine voice said mockingly.

"Ah hello, Velvette." Vox sighed looking at her with no identifiable emotion.

"Care to tell me why you were gone for literally twenty minutes and came back as fucked up as you are? You look a mess." Velvette said in her usual tone.

Vox's worried eyes glance at hers, lingering a little too long as if he's searching for something within them, after an awkward silence he looks down and sighs, "...I think I saw the thing that has been taking overlords, I don't know why I'm so shaken up but I felt like I would've been killed if I lingered around." He admitted with a sense of shame.

Suddenly Velvette erupts into a fit of laughter at Vox's notion, leaving him perplexed.

"What?" He said with malice laced in his tone.

"For the love of Hell Vox listen to yourself- hahaha," Velvette says giggling. "You're a fuckin' Vee, whatever that thing is you can take it on easily, we are the future of Hell, Vox, not some nobody."

Immediately something changed in Vox's demeanor, 'We are the future of hell' deliberated in Vox's head.

'Velvette is right, what in Hell was I thinking? ME dying at some nobody? If anything the audacity that it has for challenging the Overlords is fucking laughable.' He thought with egotism exuding out of him.

A smirk forms on Vox's face "Tch, the fucker is lucky we didn't wipe it off the pentagram yet."Vox scoffed arrogantly.

Smiling, Velvette agreed "If that thing has any sense of self-respect it should know not to fuck with–" Velvette flinched as she was cut off by a raucous scream that seemed to spread throughout the Pride Pentagram.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT-" Velvette winced covering her ears as another scream filled the room.

"I-it's a fucking radio broadcast? Who the fuck uses radio still?" Vox spat annoyed. His annoyance soon faltered as he heard a familiar series of laughs following the screams.

Vox's eyes shot open wide and his blood ran cold as he recognized the laugh, it was the same as the wendigo-like monster in the alleyway. The fear he felt became tangible, a living force controlling every limb in his body like a marionette at the mercy of his puppet master. The world around him became motionless and the piercing screams were muffled, the only thing Vox could make out clearly was his pulse in his ears and the grading series of laughs by this... Radio Demon.

Déjà-vu hit Vox as the perpetual static laughs continued, a strange sense of nostalgia twisted in his gut till it hit him.

The haziness left his body as he stated his coherent thought "It's him." Vox stuttered with lucidness, thinking back to his dream earlier this morning.

Velvette perked up over the boisterous broadcast, "What the hell are you saying Vox?" Velvette yelled, hands still on her head.

Vox's tone wavered as his old companion's name slipped from his lips.

"Alastor." He said a little too quietly for anyone to pick up on.

Vox's clarity was short lived as the screaming seemed to get louder, he couldn't take it anymore. His hands flew up to cover his ears and he fell to the floor in a ball. His thoughts were becoming meaningless as the ringing slowly took over his mind.

After what seemed like purgatory the abiding broadcast was seemingly over. Vox slowly got up uncovering his throbbing ears, the ringing lingered in his head and he could only think of one thing.

"I need to find Alastor." He whispered.