Fuck it

Vox was left speechless, the man had a smooth transatlantic voice, he was definitely a radio presenter. Examining the rest of his stature he wore a burgundy conservative suit, his jacket was tightly fitted, and bore a high pinched waist. He had round-framed eyeglasses resting on the bridge of his nose, and his smile was still present as Vox stared at him. The man's head started to tilt inquisitively awaiting a response from Vox. At that realization, Vox quickly introduced himself.

"Ah- I'm Vox, it's a pleasure to meet you, how do you do?" Vox stuck out his hand awaiting a handshake from the stranger. Something about the man's stature tells Vox he should suck up to him.

The stranger's smirk forms into a toothy smile as he reaches to return the handshake. "Oh, it is a pleasure Vox, quite a pleasure, the name's Alastor." He states. Vox's hand is still in his grip.

Suddenly the doors behind them swing open and a group of men, he could only assume to be more coworkers, walk in.

"Hey, Alastor! Don't go scaring the rookie, aye." One of them says jokingly.

Alastor lets go of Vox's hand and turns to the group of men, his smile still plastered on his face.

"Haha Come now, Samuel, I was simply exchanging civilities, nothing more." The man named Alastor said with a guileful tone.

One of the larger men in the group stepped forward and patted Alastor on the back, he moved past him, stepping in front of Vox. The man outstretched his hand and Vox quickly followed, the motion becoming almost robotic-like.

"I'm Charles, I heard a lot of things about you, Vox." The man said brightly, Vox's eyes widened at the notion.

"Haha, all good things I hope," Vox said, putting on his best-counterfeited smile, the thought of his name being spat around the office left a bad taste in his mouth. Charles laughed for a bit then gestured back to Alastor.
"You're in luck Vox," Charles stated, confusion etched its way onto Vox's face, before he could say anything Charles spoke up again.

"You see Alastor here is MessengerTech's gem presenter, famous even-" Charles said with a large grin.

"Oh you flatter me, Charles, there's no need for the commendations," Alastor said, waving his hand in protest.

Chuckling, Charles patted Alastor's shoulder and looked towards Vox. "You're going to be under Alastor's tutelage until you're prepared to host your show-" Charles stated. At this Alastor snapped his head in Charles' direction, one of his eyebrows hiking up, his face morphing into an inquisitive stare.

"Charles you don't mean-" Alastor started, interrupting himself to look between Charles and Vox.

"Just a moment, Vox" Alastor said with a frustrated sigh, he turned towards Charles, patted his shoulder, and motioned him to walk into the studio parallel to them for some privacy. Vox pinched his brows at this action, he's already caused trouble without even doing anything.

With the two men absent from the hallway, Vox found himself standing awkwardly in front of the remaining coworkers, he glanced towards them and found that they were staring at him. Their lingering gazes were sharp daggers piercing and exposing his body, crashing waves of nerves and self-consciousness aroused throughout his body causing him to break eye contact. Averting his gaze quickly he looked into the studio that housed the two men. Despite their arguing being muffled he could still hear the men bickering back and forth. His arms raise to hug his sides as he waits for the confrontation to end.

The men finally emerge back from the studio, Charles has a victorious look on his face and Alastor follows silently behind him. Alastor's former vivacious attitude was replaced by disdain, his eyebrows were furrowed and a fake smile smothered his face as he looked at Vox.
"Come now Vox, you have much to learn..." Alastor said in a grating tone, slowly walking past Vox in the process. Vox was quick on his feet to turn and follow Alastor down the hall of broadcasting rooms.