Present Day

"Whatever happened to the fair, truthful guy who would occasionally show an innocent smile?" I muttered, "now you're a sarcastic, rude and uncaring guy."

"You know, I can hear everything you say." He rested his head on his knuckles and looked at me purposefully.

"Oh I know you can. Give me my first love back." I scowled, and my equipment too while he was at it...

"I was your first love?" Surprise flared up in his eyes.

"... No." I looked out the window and blocked his face out with the menu. That wasn't supposed to slip out of my mouth. Thankfully the nice waiter had arrived with the cake and drinks.

The banana yellow cake was triple layered, and each layer was about the height of my index finger and the diameter of the cake was about the length of my hand. Pieces of banana decorated the outside of each layer, and there was orange icing trimming on the bottom and an albino parrot garnished the very top. It was designed to transition from orange to white from the bottom up, which looked both attractive and delicious.

"April, you're drooling." Zukros pointed at my mouth.

"Am not!" I wiped at it just in case with the napkin, and smiled sheepishly at where the waiter was standing, but he was already gone. Thank goodness he didn't see that scene. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Zukros raising an eyebrow but I ignored him completely and looked at the towering drink. Honestly, I wasn't sure which was taller: the cake including the parrot on top or the drink.

The large drink was shaped in a large, smooth groove going upward for holding comfort and was translucent with a white tint. The top of the drink was white with chocolate swirls outlining a chaotic maze and vaguely resembled henna. Then, there was the chocolate straw. Legitimately, there was a real live chocolate straw, and its diameter was the radius of my pinkie finger.

"So this is the rumoured long lasting chocolate straw I've read in the food magazines in the convenience store. I knew this was the perfect place to go to, even if I had to go with a sarcastic, mean person and deal with him sitting across from me." I stared at the beautiful creation and appreciated its splendid beauty. It was almost too good to use.

"You obsess over dessert way too much," Zukros sighed, "but I suppose that's cute too. If only you treated me the same way."

"Oh my, was that a compliment?" I smiled humorlessly at him, "coming from the guy who called me fat just a few moments ago?"

I put my mouth over the straw and felt the creamy, bubbly goodness flow into my mouth. Oh my gosh, I was in milky drink heaven.

"Well you are my favourite human, so I'll always forgive you." he sipped from a drink that was identical to mine.

"Wait a second." I narrowed my eyes at the drink in his hand. "I recall ordering water for you, and only water. Did you mess around with the waiter's memory!?" I glared at him, "what if his memory is forever damaged because of what you did? I said to be careful with humans - you can't just fix them as easily as you can break them!" My breathing was erratic and I felt adrenaline pouring in droves through my veins.

Oh no, I said something terrible to him. I really shouldn't have said that. I kept my head down and stared at the murky surface of the milkshake in shame. That was really horrible of me.

A yellow blur suddenly appeared out of nowhere and was forced into my mouth.

"Mmm!" I flicked my head up and tasted a sweet mixture of banana and mango. "So good." I placed my hand on my cheek in pure bliss.

"That's more like it." Startled, I looked at Zukros with a half smile on his face. "Don't worry too much about offending me; I never take your insults seriously anyways." he laughed and tapped the tabletop twice.