School :( p2

As my eyes met him, a warm smile spread across my face. I leaned in slightly and mouthed the words, "Meet me outside of class, and let's catch up."

He silently mouthed words back "Okay, loser" with a smirk. "Shut up," I mouthed back as I smiled at him. "Do your work!" I teased, then turned my attention to the teacher.

30 mins later 

Class is finally over! It was so boring. But now, I have to find someone important. I scanned the room until I spotted him.

"ZEKE! EKKK!" I yelled, sprinting past everyone and jumping into his sturdy arms. He caught me effortlessly and spun me around as I basked in his warmth, grinning from ear to ear. As he set me down, I planted a kiss on his cheek.

"Ugh, I've missed you so much, mi amor!" he exclaimed, pulling me into another tight hug."I've missed you more, Zeke! Life here has been so hard..." I confessed, my smile faltering for a moment before I quickly regained it.

(My love)

"Well, we can go party. Are you down for that? I know someone throwing a party tonight," he suggested a mischievous smirk forming on his lips.

"Ugh, you know me so well," I replied, raising an eyebrow playfully and giving him a playful punch on the arm as we headed toward the cafeteria.

"Anyway, let's get some food," I say as we walk into the cafeteria, but as soon as we enter, it feels like everyone's eyes are on us. "Come on, Nora," Zeke says, sensing my discomfort. He grabs my hand and leads me to the food area, ignoring the curious stares from the other students.

(?)

"Hey, isn't that Nora?" the first voice whispered, her tone tinged with curiosity as she glanced in Nora's direction.

"Oh my god, it is her!" The shock in the second voice was evident, her eyes widening as she recognized Nora.

"Should we go say sorry?" the first voice asked, her expression serious as she considered their next move.

"Hmm, we should," the second voice murmured while grinning.

.

.

.

.

NORA

"Hey, Zeke, don't you think that's too much?" I mumbled as I glanced at his overflowing plate.

"Look, Nora... It's never enough, especially regarding food!" he chuckled before playfully smacking me with the spoon still in his mouth.

"Hey... Nora?" 

I turned around to see Anna and Isabella approaching.

"Anna... Isabella," I muttered, feeling a mix of surprise and alarm as I looked at them both.

"Look, Nora, can we talk, please?" Anna asked earnestly.

"Sure. Zeke, just find a place to sit; I'll be right back, okay?" I said, turning back to them and guiding them to a quieter corner away from the crowd.

"Look, Nora, we're sorry for the things we did in middle school. We did dumb, stupid, and unforgivable things back then, and it would be wrong to say nothing and just play dumb about it," Anna said, her voice filled with remorse.