Chapter 3: Tensions along the border

After the disastrous meeting with the Senate leading up to a total division of Haydonia, a border has been established! Now with zero chance of reunification, both Republicans and Dark Federation border guards patrol the wall to ensure no one crosses.

Some people who have pro-Republican sentiments try to leave the Dark Federation territories but are either caught or shot on sight. Criticism for this act of violence and tyranny is rising in the Republic and some senators try to save many of these refugees but thanks to the territorial agreement, Republican senators can only watch as thousands are being massacred.

Aside from this, tensions rise in the Neutral Zone as many of these states have fallen into the warring factions and some people have taken arms or allowed Republicans to send troops to the region.

A once established demilitarized and neutral zone now becomes a staging ground for many proxy wars. And everyone is holding their breath.

 And everyone is holding their breath

(Realmania, State Capital of Realma)

Local: I heard that the border has been intensified since it was established!

Local 2: Yeah, who knows when they begin fighting!

King Saun: It's only a matter of time, Mr President! I need you to send Republican troops here immediately!

President Hayden: I understand that, your highness but I'm sorry. Sending out Republican forces would legitimize the risk of an all out war and while we would want to defend you, we just can't.

King Saun: My people are already feeling the effects and we have been getting reports of Pro-Secessionist troops in our kingdom! Is there anything you can do?

President Hayden: Perhaps we can send advisors to train your royal companies and have them as a localized defense against the Secessionists. They will be given weapons, training, and resources needed to defend themselves! How does that sound?

King Saun: At this rate, I will take anything to defend my people. Very well, when will these advisors be coming?

President Hayden: In a few weeks, don't lose hope my friend!

King Saun: I wish you could say the same thing to my people

(Ends the transmission)

Royal Advisor: Your highness; are you sure this is right? Having Republicans sent on our territory! We are part of the neutral zone which is carefully watched by the Dark Federation and if they find out we allowed the president to send Republican troops here, there is no chance he will do the same thing!

King Saun: I'm betting on it, Archibald. But our people need this protection, ever since Haydonia had been separated into these three zones, it's been chaotic recently and so far the neutral states are also getting into trouble with this.

Royal Advisor 2: Yeah, I just heard that there was a coup in Querkistan, they now just sided with the Dark Federation and I've heard rumors that the President of the Gujan is ordering Dark Federation troops into his territory!