19- Past Trauma

Vote and Comment!!
——————————————————

Rudraansh POV

The second she stepped out of my chambers with the guards I lost it, my anger taking the better of me and I threw whatever I could.

But now I was going back to her, I couldn't bear the thought of her staying in a prison cell, not after the night when she got attacked, I could still see the fear in her.

I had thought of doing exactly what she blamed me for, to show her affection and coax her to tell me the truth. But my affection towards her turned genuine, it was always genuine, I just kept denying myself.

Not only I wanted her but with each passing moment the more she opened up to me the more I found the need to be closer to her.

When Raghav brought the letter to me, it infuriated me filling me with concern for Mira. Was my defence so low that she was being approached without my knowledge? Her safety somehow became the primal concern for me.

So I brought her back, for her to stay near me.

And when she suggested me the way to run my kingdom I was taken aback for the very first time in my life . She was so much more and evidently I was getting habituated by her.

"Rudraansh" I heard Thakurma entering .A wide smile appeared on my face.

"You should have called me Thakurma " I helped her sit and she just smiled at me sweetly. I would do anything for that smile.

"I am here to see my grandson" she said and tapped my hand to sit beside me. "How is your injury now? " she asked .

"It was nothing Thakurama, just a light scratch." I assured her and she shook her head with a knowing smile.

"Come I will put oil in your hair" she called an attendee and asked for her to bring the oil . I sat on the floor, by back resting on her legs. She started massaging my head and I smiled in relief, this is what I needed.

"Pratap Babu" Thakurma called, she would call me Pratap, given name by her.

"Hmmm"

"Is there something you need to tell me" she asked softly.
"No Thakurma" I lied but I did not want to burden her with my issues.

"You know Pratap, your Baba was also not a good lier" she said.

"I am not lying Thakurma" I turned towards her and gave a cute smile. She just lightly slapped my head.

"Sukanya seems like a great girl."

"What makes you say that?" I asked.

"She can argue with you" I heard her chuckling.

"That doesn't make her great" I said.

"Yes but that makes her special " she continued and her face came to my mind, did she become special to me?

"After your mother died Pratap, I know it was a hard time for you, you were so little and not only you showed courage but you also took care of Raghav."

I felt my chest getting heavy. "I don't want to talk about it" I whispered and she caressed my head.

"But when your father died, you didn't even shed a single tear, you took upon this spree of revenge "

I shook my head in defiance. "No Thakurma , I will cry as much as I want when I am done with my revenge" The heaviness in my heart increased.

"Hatred is not in mind it is in the heart and that can only be overcome by love. Don't darken your precious heart with anger and hatred Pratap, fill it with love and you shall find piece " she said and here every word touched a nerve inside me.