31- The Reason for Hate

Miraadhya

I feel a numbness over my body as I slowly walk backwards, the few guards who try to escort us is stopped by King Abhijeet's man.

I see the argument that starts in front of me between the two kings, the heavy punch which King Abhijeet lands on him. "How dare you speak like this about my niece?" He screams at him as he lands another punch.

I don't flinch, I see him taking the blows as his lips splits open. His eyes locked on me.

My niece. He had uttered.

Within few minutes my entire identity has changed, my bleeding head feels more heavy as I glance towards my mother who is eyeing them in anger. Till yesterday she was my mother, a dancer in this place who had seen enough miseries in her life- she stands here as some princess and I don't recognise her anymore.

"How dare you hit my brother!" I hear Radhavendra angry scream as he walks in between and punches King Abhijeet with more power. Rajaji puts his hand on his shoulders to stop him but he doesn't, not until a sword is pulled out and a loud grunt is heard.

"Dada!" Raghavendra screams as I see Rajaji's bleeding hand, my body flinches and I notice the blood stained sword in Raja Abhijeet's hand shaking.

Rajaji holds his hand in pain and stares at me. I feel nothing. I feel a soul is sucked from me. Seeing his bleeding hand also doesn't affect me as my own steps falter. Maybe I have lost much blood.

She is my mistress

What does it make your daughter?

The voices keeps vibrating in my ears. But the chaos taking place in front of me doesn't help me to come out of my trance. I want to scream and say something but nothing comes out of my mouth. Is this is what heartbreak feels like because mine surely does feel like crunching into pieces.

"No one will harm King Abhijeet! He is our guest! Abhijeet you may take your leave, I shall be in your Kingdom as promised" Rajaji says with a shaky voice as he again glances at me with remorse filled eyes and  that's what brings me back to reality.

The reality of him marrying my sister - half sister.

The reality of him utterly humiliating and disrespecting me in front of everyone.

The reality of him never loving me- he never had any feelings for me.

I see my mother inching towards me slowly. "You already have done enough Miraadhya, I know you have suffered. This was the only way to safe you from that man. This is all his and his father's fault! Before the word spreads out I shall have you married" she holds my hand and pulls me towards the exit.

"Stay here" she says as she sprints inside with few guards.

I stand still as if the time has stopped, I hear loud voices coming from inside but my body doesn't move.

I see a small woman running towards me , upon seeing her close I realise she is Mishti.

"Mira Di!!!" She sobs as she hugges me tightly. "I reached today....and I heard everything. I am sorry I was not there for you!" She cries loudly in my arms as I hold her weakly. I caress her small back as I shiver under the cool air.

"Come with me" she holds my hand and takes me to an empty resting area beside the throne room. She warps a shawl around me and rubs my cold hands. She also manages to mend my bleeding head somehow. I look at her worried face as my lower lips wobble,my eyes burns as a tear drops down.