Prologue

┏━━━ ━━━┓

Party in the U.S.A. - Miley Cyrus

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

"Everybody's looking at me now
Like, "Who's that chick that's rockin' kicks?
She gotta be from out of town""

┗━━━ ━━━┛

      It was a surprisingly sunny day in Mystic Falls, Virginia. Although, Maria wasn't sure what she expected from the small town. With every house and white picket fence she passed, she was reminded of why she chose it, as compared to another big city like New York.

As she turned down Poker Face, Maria pulled up to her home for the next two years.

"Welcome home," she muttered to herself. At least the house was furnished. From the white leather couches to the Persian rug in the dining room, it was clear to her the interior designer was selected by her mother. Although, she wasn't complaining. Certainly not when she saw the purple Egyptian cotton sheets adorning her bed. As the young witch started a spell to unpack her belongings, she dialed a familiar number on her phone

"Well, well, well. It's only been a couple weeks and you already miss me. Feeling lonely in suburbia, big sister?" her brother answers.

"Ha ha ha. I'm just calling to see how you are, Adam. Like any good big sister would. Has the Academy burnt down yet?"

"Surprisingly, no. Everyone is too busy trying to find the vamp that somehow broke through three protection spells and a boundary spell"

"I guarantee he paid off a professor," the elder replied, walking to the kitchen for a snack.

"Well, whatever happened, it's put the elders in a frenzy," Adam paused to talk to someone on his end, "Well, I best be going. Class, and all that."

"Don't go slacking off in math because I'm not there now, ok?" Maria 'scolded'.

"Wouldn't dream of it. Love you, Anna."

"Te amo, Dum-Dum."

She huffed, bored now that her favorite sibling had hung up on her. After meticulously peeling, splitting, and eating an orange, she opened her laptop to register for her classes. That activity didn't take long, seeing as there was only one high school in the city with very limited class options. She ended up taking AP Trig, AP World History II, AP English, Chemistry, the school's drama elective, and a study block.

While not particularly drawn to physical arts or creating music, Maria had always loved performing. While many say it came from her mothers love for dramatics, she preferred to credit it to her sister. From Dirty Dancing to Wicked, she and her sister had learned entire musicals and various choreography over the nine years they had known each other.

Blinking back the tears the memories of her sister had brought, the witch grabbed the TV remote on the oak coffee table and flipped through the channels until a Mean Girls rerun filled the screen. Maria curled up on the couch, covered herself with a cashmere throw blanket, and let her thoughts drift away as the queen bee invited the new girl to eat lunch with the top clique in the school.

A/N:

~400 words

Prologue is done! So excited to share this story with you. Make sure to vote and comment!