Chapter 3: Friday Night Bites

┏━━━ ━━━┓

Womanizer - Briteny Spears

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

"You got all the puppets
with their strings up
Fakin' like a good one
but I call 'em like I see 'em"

┗━━━ ━━━┛

"Spit it out." Elena and Bonnie were having an argument when Maria found them.

"I accidentally touched Stefan and I got a bad feeling." Not psychic, just normal witchy senses.

"Is that it? Bonnie."

"It was bad bad!" Bonnie was really freaking out over this.

"Is this the whole witch mojo thing again?" Rude of Elena to be dismissive of her friends concerns, seeing as they are based in truth, yet nonbelievers are nothing if not ignorant.

"You know what? I'm just concerned. This is me expressing concern about my best friend's new boyfriend." Oh, Bonnie.

"And I love you for it, I do. But I feel good. It's been a hard year, and I'm starting to kind of feel like things are getting back to normal again. And you know what? Stefan is a big part of that."

"Personally, I believe in the witch mojo thing." Maria was having so much fun dropping hints.

"Really?" Bonnie asked in a small voice.

"Yea! New Orleans is Magic Central, and sometimes the street performers were a bit too good at making things disappear." Never mind the fact that those street performers were other Tremé. "But, I am a firm believer in all things supernatural."

Bonnie and Elena laughed, and she saw the glimmer of thanks in Bonnie's eyes. Stefan decided that was the best time to join in on the conversation. Immediately, she saw Bonnie tense up.

"Good morning, Elena. Good morning, Bonnie, Mary."

"Morning, Stefan."

"Hey, um, I gotta find Caroline. She's not answering her phone. So I'll see you guys later." Bonnie then quickly made her exit.

"I'll go with her. I texted Care this morning and she still hasn't responded. See y'all in history."

꘎♡━━━━━♡꘎

When she got there, Bonnie was zoned out with a pen making idle lines on a fresh sheet of notebook paper. As class progressed, the scribbles became more art-like. She had asked Mr. Tanner to go to the bathroom at one point to take a peek to Bonnie's drawing. It looked like nonsense, but when she looked closer, the numbers 8, 14, and 22 kept appearing.

While walking to the bathroom, she kept thinking about what those numbers meant. She was so distracted, she bumped into someone else.