Dunny and the Rödents

Dunny Rödent is a rat. He is that but he's not fat, this rat.
He wears glasses past his whiskers and a plain blue colored shirt. He has small, long fingered rat hands and shoes covered in a dirt.
Fur is brown in Dunny's family - mother, sister, even Granny, Rödents all have fur that's dun. Dunny's dun fur isn't fun, but fun isn't what the fur will ever be - white, black, grey, brown or none.

Dunny is a quite small rodent, although looking at the Rödents as a whole family tree - you could argue there have been some even smaller rodents in this family of Rödents. Still would Dunny disagree.

Mr. Rödent, Dunny's dad, in Rat Race since who knows when, has not been present in the life of his own dun furred son. Not much is known about this Rödent, he could be famous or a con-man, he could be working or be a quitter - we know one thing, he left his litter.

Now Mrs. Rödent, single mother, lovely lady by all means, but during their upbringing she easily disciplined her kids. There was no running (without mom), no taking other children's grain, no loud squeaking during playtime - otherwise you'd feel the pain.
But these rules, and plenty more, were not the only thing at all that Mrs. Rödent was known for. She made tasty ratty snacks, full of rice, wheat and some bugs. She helped Dunny study harder - though she wished he's wee bit smarter. She played pirates, she played monsters, she played cats and she played mice - both to Dunny and his sister Mrs. Rödent sure was nice.

Dunny's younger sister, Rosie, so much smarter than her brother, by the school age she was smarter than the teachers and her mother. She could count to highest numbers and recite entire stories. In biology and in science she accumulated glories. Geography, art and history, nothing posed a threat to that small yet ferocious Rödent, little Rosie who's a rat.

Dunny loved his lovely mom and his little genius sister, and if you would ask him kindly he would tell you that in whisper. Dunny Rödent was a small rat, and he wasn't very smart, but what Dunny in his dun fur had in spades was a loving heart.