Dunny and the Lab Rats

Dunny, friend to many rodents, was at every club a member, even his prodigious sister had a hard time to remember each and every little group with which Dunny associated. But to him that part of school life was the most appreciated.

Mondays were always sports related. Tuesdays were socially elevated. Wednesday with artists, Fridays with geeks. But today is a Thursday - spent with Lab Rats, science freaks.

Cooped up in science rooms since before the dawn, wearing lab coats and glasses Lab Rats weren't strong, physically, but the brainy bunch always had an ingenious invention ready by lunch.

Dunny, not as smart as the nerds, was still welcomed in their pack, for his role in their inventions was important - front to back. In the Lab Rats lab's dynamic Dunny had a role to play, but with busy schedule he's available only for one day. One day a week, that is, and for you that deal's not big. Simply put our dunny rat boy was the Lab Rats' guinea pig.

Having friendly disposition and a couple neurons less, Dunny's always looking forward to have fun and make a mess - and believe me "messy" is the default of these kooks. One thing they don't care at all about is looks.

Their inventions, though quite genius, always lack a certain flair. Unconventionally wacky, application's hardly fair. That's where our boy Dunny comes to the rescue of his crazy nerdy friends. They test with him all their gadgets, which all rarely need amends.

Mobile food trays, full-sun clothing, distant scent detectors, whisker-controlled drones, automatic cheese collectors, teeth enhancers, tail re-growers, fur-color changing pants - those are just a few examples of the fruits of their small hands.

Nothing ever leaves the Lab Rats until tested with their subject, many prototypes post-Dunny are left in a state quite abject. The rest - unless refitting is required - are bought from the school as patents, and Lab Rats graduates are hired by the administration, government or as independent contractors, depending on their skill and knowledge among other factors.

But the testing phase, which is most fun, safe and remembered fondly, surely, always leaves out of the papers Danny's involvement rather prematurely. But don't be concerned with Dunny, it's in no way unfair deal. On the contrary the rules the Lab Rats play by are quite clear - brainiacs play "Pinky and the Brain" and fulfill their desires, Dunny has another chance to find his life goal, something that inspires and lights up the fire in himself and few others.

He wants to help if he can, till the end.

That is all.
And sometimes enough, as is the case for our simple-minded kind-hearted rat friend.