Battle on Oceanside

(Please Read: I would like to let you know that I tried my best with this chapter. There might be some parts that don't make sense or were poorly interpreted. But I hope you'll all enjoy it. I don't own any pictures that you'll see in this chapter.)

"Talking"

"Thinking"

"SHOUTING/YELLING"

(Chelsea's POV)

Well, we did it. We succeeded at getting the Trident of Oceanus. Now Me and my mother are on our way to Oceanside so that she can get her revenge on Ruby's mother. But I was having trouble ignoring this overwhelming guilt that was growing in me. It was my mother's plan to trick Ruby into helping get the trident from the beginning. Though I did have my part in it, keeping my mother updated on the progress whenever I wasn't around Ruby. But I was just following along, I didn't think it would go this far. And now, Ruby is... I don't even want to think of the reality of what my mother has done. Or rather what I've done. I was soon brought out of my thoughts when my mother spoke.

Nerissa: I got to hand it to you, Chelsea. That was quite the clever lie you told that Ruby. Peace between mermaids and krakens? Ha! Only someone with a mind like mine could think of something so deceiving. You truly are my little princess.

Hearing my mother's praise didn't do anything to lessen the guilt I was feeling. If anything, it just made it worse. I then examined the prison that Cu- I mean Y/N was in. He was in a fetal position with his head buried in his knees. He looked completely broken and I don't blame him after what we witnessed.

Chelsea: Mom, why did you kidnap Y/N?

Nerissa: Oh, I thought we could use a little "insurance" in case that kraken decided to fight back. Lover boy here was the perfect candidate. You should have heard him singing his heart out for her.

He sang for her? I guess he really does love Ruby.

Chelsea: But I was going to deliver the trident to you. There was no reason for you to come.

Nerissa: And I told you that I already waited for 15 years to this back and my patience was wearing thin. Besides it was nice to have a little practice run to freshen up before my reunion with Agatha, plus I got an extra boost as a bonus.

As my mother held the trident in her hands, it glowed with the energy she had stolen from Ruby.

Chelsea: But all of that was unnecessary, Ruby was already no match for you when I gave you the trident and she had nothing to do with your defeat. She didn't deserve...

Before I could continue, my mother swam in front of me forcing me to stop. Her current form towered over me as her piercing gaze glared down at me. I found myself frozen in fear by her, even more so than when she was in her original form. She then spoke in a cold, intimidating tone.

Nerissa: Now Chelsea, that wouldn't be sympathy for the kraken I'm hearing, is it?

Chelsea: N-no.

Nerissa: Good, it would be a shame that my very own daughter would actually care for them after what their kind did to ours, right?

I didn't answer right away and contemplated the question. It's true we lost everything because of them but was our reason justified for all of this? Ruby wasn't even aware of all of this before recently. However, I couldn't t think long about it because my mother raised her tone.

Nerissa: Right?

Chelsea: *flinched* Right!

Nerissa: So we have every right to claim what is rightfully ours, is that correct?