The beginning

Leaning against the weathered wooden bar, Sara's eyes remained focused on the stage, where Joker Out was igniting the night. Her brother Bojan, the main vocalist, commanded attention with his captivating presence as the dimly lighted room surged with excitement. With each phrase that spilled out of his mouth, his voice broke through the smoke, grabbing listeners' attention and energising the room. Sara was so proud of her brother and everything he achieved. 

The guitarist Kris was standing next to him, pouring his heart into every note as his fingers danced over the strings with an unadulterated love that reverberated throughout the room. Sara's gaze was fixed on his, drawn to him like a moth to flame by his intensity. A surge of excitement mixed with the throbbing beat of the music flowed through her veins each time his eyes flitted her way.

Sara was experiencing strain behind the loudness of the drums and bass, too. Beneath her loving demeanour for the band, there was a quiet ambition to emerge from the shadows of the stage and forge her own independent career in music.

Bojan's last note, a lingering echo that seemed to keep the entire audience hostage, floated in the air as the concert came to an end. Amidst the confusion caused by the thunderous ovation, Sara's attention was pulled to Kris, who was now moving through the crowd in her direction.

He murmured, "Hey," his voice a deep rumble above the clamour of the crowd.

"Hey," she said in response, blushing slightly at his close proximity.

She continued, "You were amazing up there," before she could stop herself from saying them.

With a hint of warmth in his gaze, Kris grinned. "Many thanks, Sara. It means a lot that you say that."

Their brief chat was accompanied by an eruption of excitement from the room. Sara, though, felt something click in that little instant—a spark of something wild and electrifying that took her breath away.