Care

The next morning

The next morning.

The pale light of dawn filtered through the bedroom window, painting soft stripes across Taehyung's bare chest. The faint scent of lavender and y/n's shampoo lingered in the air, a sweet reminder of the passionate night they shared. He lay entangled with his new wife, her head nestled against his heart. The steady rhythm of her breathing a soothing counterpoint to the frantic hammering in his own chest. He had wrapped a protective arm around her waist, unconsciously drawing her closer in his sleep.

A muffled clatter from downstairs broke the peaceful silence. Taehyung's eyes fluttered open, a jolt of awareness shooting through him. A blush crept up his neck as he remembered the events of the previous night, the weight of his new reality settling in.

He glanced down at y/n, a pang of guilt twisting in his gut. Should he wake her? But she looked so peaceful, the exhaustion from their passionate celebration etched on her beautiful face.

**********************************
<<Time skip>>

The sound of footsteps grew louder, and a moment later, his mother's voice echoed through the house. Taehyung's heart leaped into his throat, a mix of panic and anticipation bubbling within him. He could only imagine the teasing he was about to endure.

The door creaked open, revealing his mother's amused face. "Oh my, Taehyung," she began, her voice dripping with mock surprise. "What are you doing here in the kitchen at this ungodly hour?"

Taehyung scrambled to his feet, a blush scorching his cheeks. "M-making breakfast, Mom," he stammered, avoiding her gaze.

His mother's smile widened. "Breakfast? But why, sweetheart?"

Before he could answer, Seokjin, his ever-observant brother, appeared at the doorway. "Mom, why are you teasing him? He's making breakfast for his wife, right, Tae?"

Taehyung's heart stuttered. Should he confess? But the thought of facing his mother's knowing smile sent a fresh wave of shyness crashing over him. "N-no, I mean, for everyone," he mumbled, his voice barely a whisper.

His mother chuckled, a warm, understanding sound. "Taehyung, you don't have to hide the truth from us. We're happy for you, honey. But where is your beautiful wife?"

Another pang of guilt stabbed at Taehyung. "She's still sleeping," he mumbled. "I don't want to wake her."

His mother placed a gentle hand on his arm. "No need, darling. She must be tired from... yesterday night, wouldn't you say?" Her voice held a knowing twinkle.

Taehyung groaned, burying his face in his hands. "Mom!"

His mother squeezed his arm reassuringly. "Alright, alright. No more teasing." She cast a knowing glance towards the bedroom door. "Just make sure you both come down for breakfast when you're ready." With a wink, she turned and left the kitchen.